B Jackson Vegas

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bodymanbill, Oct 19, 2017.

1. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    LOL. I was looking for some Vega's

2. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    Seems like strong money for a big bumper automatic car.

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    A friend that used to work for me moved to Az. and worked for BJ for 15 years. We kept in touch and he brought Craig to my house and shop to buy a 70 Hemi Challenger. They do things different. They check out every car that's run,(or used to) putting them on a lift and taking wheels off, inspecting everything. One year he told me that out of 4,400 cars that showed up, they ran 900. The rest had 24 hrs to remove their cars from the property. So those cars are pretty much cream of the crop, even if they are not collectibles. IMO this has hurt the enthusiast in buying, since investors are running the values way up. And many selling think they have a car of this caliber, while, lets face it, few of us do. While some of you guys have cars as nice as or nicer than what is run there, there are not many out there. Right or wrong, auctions like this are not hurting the value of our cars. And it's about time they take their place with what I consider lesser contemporaries.

4. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The prices at Las Vegas are insanely high...

5. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    That may have been the way they used to do it, but most cars I've seen at their Auctions are so-so cars at best! Until you get to Friday & Saturday Nights.

Dave Nelson likes this.
  6. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    Correct, and even the so-so cars look much better on TV.

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    That's definitely the case at Mecum. I have actually walked around cars and looked at some pretty good. Then you see the same cars on the block, and they don't even look like the same car. Don't know what filters or lighting is used, but it sure works. Haven't been to a BJ auction in over 25 years, but I still go to Mecum once a year. Friday and Saturday were always the nicer cars. Before that, entry level at best for the most part. Don't know if BJ does it, but it costs more at Mecum to run a car on Friday or Saturday.

8. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    Definitely costs more @ BJ to run the cars on a Friday or Saturday Night when the Cameras are on & the Booze is Flowing!

9. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    image.jpeg
    Sold for $37,400 today. RS/SS with a 454 ci. and a column shift

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  10. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Aug 22, 2015
    st.george utah
    With the very rare non shift center console. LOL