Axle Locater and Leaf Delrin Kit

Discussion in 'Custom Works' started by jthomas, Mar 9, 2017.

1. jthomas

jthomas Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 5, 2007
    NorthCentral PA
    I bought Keith's Axle Locater kit and Leaf Spring Shackle Kit and couldn't be happier. The Leaf Spring Shackle kit was a dramatic improvement over my earlier mistake of using polyurethane bushings. I just assumed the rough ride was the leafs, but once I installed Keith's kit, my 70 Camaro has a totally different feel to it. No more harshness. The shocks can do their job now. I found out the poly bushings were binding real bad and preventing the suspension from doing its job. The installation of Keith's kit was easy and without issue.

The axle locater was another great item. I installed them on a new Strange Engineering S60 with leaf mounts. The mounts from Strange were not quite as long as stock so I had to weld a 1/4" piece of flat iron at the end of each axle locator plate to take up the gap, but that was simple. I would not have had to do anything for a stock 10 or 12 bolt. The rear assembly dropped right onto the leafs and now they are set right where they belong.

Thanks Keith! It's not often I get parts that fit so good as yours...installing your stuff was a breath of fresh air and they work great. Another set of issues solved!

2. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I have the same Delrin shackle kit and axle locator kit and was very pleased with the install and quality. I can't wait to actually see how the shackle kit performs.

3. Detrailers

Detrailers Veteran Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Corinth TX
    Crap and I just did poly shackle bushings and poly axle pads....Do you have a link for Keiths kit

4. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX