Auto-x action shot thread

Discussion in 'Track Day, Solo, AutoX & Sanctioned Road Racing' started by 71RS/SS396, Feb 21, 2016.

1. 71RS/SS396

71RS/SS396 Veteran Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Wake Forest NC
    Here's a in car video from Del Mar Goodguys a few years ago, the surface has about as much grip as ice. This was a media member ride along so I slid the car around a bit to give him a fun ride. :innocent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PujJj_I-FTI

2. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    That was cool. Do you guys use a regular street gears in your cars or do you step it up to get better acceleration and quicker times?

3. APEowner

APEowner Veteran Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Not that my opinion is worth more than anyone else's but I really, really disapprove of autocross courses setup anywhere near concrete barriers. Especially, and I have no idea if this is the case here, at events where rookies are encouraged to participate. Last summer I talked with three different people who had wrecked cars at autocross events when they ran into barriers. In my apparently not so humble opinion there's no excuse for that. If you can't setup a safe course with tons of runoff room you don't have a place to run the event.

Sorry for the rant and thread hijack.

4. KEVS79

KEVS79 Veteran Member

Mar 3, 2008
    GLADSTONE, MO
    I agree completely about the barriers. That is why I only race with SCCA. They have rules regarding that. The Goodguys events are cool to watch but the last one I watched a newer Corvette clipped one of the barriers and was towed away.

5. Rene Melten

Rene Melten Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Blind Bay, B.C.
    It's all good, that's the entrance to pit lane on a road course not autocross.:)

6. KEVS79

KEVS79 Veteran Member

Mar 3, 2008
    GLADSTONE, MO
    I am no pro that is for sure but mine has the stock 2.44 gears in it. I just keep it in 1st the whole time. I have a T/A rear with disc brakes that I am going to swap out someday but it only has 2.73 gears so wont change much. I like to drive mine on the hwy also so actually like the higher gears.

7. Schubitzky

Schubitzky Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Maryland
    I have 3.73s in mine with a stock style posi. I want to upgrade to an Eaton TruTrac. I run in 2nd. Haven't had a course yet where I had to shift to 3rd.

8. Space Dynamics

Space Dynamics New Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    (Skip to 2:50 and 7:00 for each run)
    [youtube]xosQATWM4dY[/youtube]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]