Audi Q7 V6 - Can it pull this?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by mgd1790, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    It should pull it downhill fairly well. Uphill could be a struggle, but living around Chicago, you probably don't have any hills. Just go slow because the trailer and car outweighs the tow vehicle by a lot.

2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    You don't need the whole car on the trailer, just the wheel base. What I've never liked about the Uhaul equipment is it is so nose heavy. On a regular car trailer or flat bed, you can balance the car over the axles. The Uhaul trailer is really designed to pull behind one of their trucks.

3. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    I tried to rent a trailer to pull behind one of their 26' trucks on a recent one way trip from Florida to NY. They asked what I was putting on the trailer and I told them it was a 2004 Toyota Sienna van..... they said the trailer was not large enough to handle that van. Ok, I asked for a tow dolly and they said I was going too far to use a dolly. We wound up driving the van home instead..... my wife followed me for 1250 miles. Pain in the @$$ but it's what we had to do. Next time I'll tell them I'm going to tow a Geo Metro.

If the OP tells U Haul he's towing a big Lincoln and they actually rent him the trailer, I'll be shocked.