Audi Q7 V6 - Can it pull this?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by mgd1790, Oct 17, 2017.

1. mgd1790

mgd1790 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Suburban Chicago
    Yes, I know it can pull this but can it pull this with a '69 Lincoln Continental Sedan on it?

Attached Files:

2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    I doubt U-haul will rent it to you with your towing set up. They gave me grief for pulling a Grand Marquis with an F250 powerstroke that was set up for towing. When you go to rent it, you need to enter what you're towing with and what you're hauling on the trailer. They will probably say your combonation won't work.

3. mgd1790

mgd1790 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Suburban Chicago
    The guy said it could although he shouldn't have said that but we shall see.

4. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 17, 2001
    Boston-ish
    Can it, probably. Should you? No. The transmission in the Audi isn't going to handle the heat well. I wouldn't.

5. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    V6 is rated at 7700lbs. So yes....at the limit. Go 60 mph and everything will be fine. It's when you go pushing up the speed's things go downhill quickly.

6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    Go to Uhaul.com and you can reserve equipment and enter your cargo and tow vehicle information. As rarely as I use a car trailer, I just rent a Uhaul when I need one.

7. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    You sure the Lincoln will fit on that trailer??

Maybe you could put the Audi on the trailer and tow it with the Lincoln instead.......

ssupercoolss and Philip like this.
  8. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Oh that's just classic. And probably a fairly legitimate idea!

9. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Bunker Hill, IL
    I have my doubts that the Lincoln will fit on that trailer. I used one of those trailers to go get my Camaro from the other side of Kansas. I don't think uhaul was overly pleased when I called with a tire problem on a trailer 650 miles away when it was just a local rental. LOL Any who moral of the story was the Camaro didn't fit on that trailer with much room to spare, so I am thinking the Lincoln will really be pushing it!

10. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Bunker Hill, IL
    Edit: Just looked it up
    Camaro wheel base 108"
    Lincoln wheel base 126"
    I really have my doubts now.

Double Edit: you peaked my curiousity

Apparently the trailer can handle up to 133" wheel base, so it would fit. But that thing is going to be hanging off both ends ALOT!