Auction Junkies, how much would this 78 go for?

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by Elfmaze, Dec 27, 2017.

1. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Yup. you never know with auctions. I'd like to see it in person

2. Elfmaze

Elfmaze Veteran Member

May 23, 2002
    Pittsburgh PA
    I've got a friend who is trying to get my to go with him in two weeks. Never done an auction before, But I'll be looking at C3 Corvettes and second gen Camaros. I just dont want to travel all the way down there and hit my personal max on every car I look at.

I personally don't care too much about originality on the car as long as it has good running gear and a well put together package. Hell if it pushed other buyers away i'm all for non matching parts :)

3. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    The first weekend are always bargains at kissimee. See what's going first and you can get great deals there. Dress warm, always seems to be cold that weekend.

4. Elfmaze

Elfmaze Veteran Member

May 23, 2002
    Pittsburgh PA
    Haha, I'm from Pittsburgh, I'll take anything above 32* right now

5. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Yeah, 32° would be nice. You know there's an auction in Harrisburg August 2nd -4th, right? We go every year. Usually a couple 2nd gens there. That's only a couple hour trip by car. They haven't put up a consignment list yet, but I watch and will let you know if you're interested.

6. Elfmaze

Elfmaze Veteran Member

May 23, 2002
    Pittsburgh PA
    That would certainly be a lot easier to get the car back up here. So theoretically When I win this car it needs to be paid for and removed from Mecum that day correct? does everyone bring trailers, or do you drive the thing out of there? It might take me two months to get down there to pick it up with a trailer

7. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You get until a specific date to get them out. Its not the day you buy but sometime after the entire auction is over. We have driven ours out everytime.

8. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Like Scott said, not a lot of appeal on this car for me. A correct 1978 Z28 is super cool in appearance. It didn't have rear fender flares, front spoiler nor did it have 79-81 design stripes. The 78 like the 77 is unique. I don't know what the deal is with the blue-ish seat belts with red interior and the pink rear panels.... I like the black paint, but I don't see it worth more then $8-$10K, but its an auction and many people are unaware of details like this and bid away. Realistically some unsuspecting buyer is going to pay $12-$15K for this gem. I would pay $15K all day long for a correct, show 1978 Z28

Attached Files:

• z28.jpg
      z28.jpg
      File size:
      38.8 KB
      Views:
  9. FunBobby

FunBobby Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Simpsonville, SC
  10. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member