Astro Ventilation Emblem

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by flidoug, Nov 3, 2017.

1. flidoug

flidoug Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Panama City Bch., Fl.
    Anyone know where/ if the Astro Ventilation emblem was placed on 1970 camaro non- ac cars. One of my manuals shows it just above passenger vent. Has anyone ever seen this or have any pics?

2. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    you sure its not discontinued ? i thought the last year was 69

3. flidoug

flidoug Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Panama City Bch., Fl.
    In my 70 camaro chassis and service manual it describes the Astro Ventilation System and has a drawing of the dash and passenger vent. It looks like it also shows the placement of the emblem above the passenger vent. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Is the emblem correct for a 70 non-ac car?

4. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    is there any way you can post a picture of that ? the Assembly manual has sticker locations

5. flidoug

flidoug Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Panama City Bch., Fl.
    Yes, the manual is at my shop. I’ll go by tomorrow and get pics.

6. flidoug

flidoug Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Panama City Bch., Fl.
    Here are the pictures from my manual

Attached Files:

7. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    I see you have an assembly manual underneath it . Where does the assembly manual say it goes . I’ve never seen astro ventilation without a round diffuser . Try page B2 on the assembly manual . If it’s not in there it’s not on the car . The manual you show is the only place I’ve seen it called that . I was hoping someone with a 70 could give you some direction , but I guess they’re all on vacation . Look for this page . It’s interior decal location .. and the Astro stickers went on the side glass that I have seen .

8. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
  9. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    Might get better visibility in the original drivetrain forum...I'll move it.

10. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    FWIW, IIRC twozs is right. No labelling for Astro-ventilation even though it was still a designated feature. For example, '68 Camaros (1st year for Astro-ventilation) had the words etched in the door glass...but '69 did not even though the system was still Astro-ventilation.