Are there any camaro car shows in or around Lexington?

Discussion in 'Mid-South Region' started by Thomas Clark, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Thomas Clark

Thomas Clark Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Lexington, Ky
    I was wondering if there were any camaro shows in or around the Lexington Ky area? I know there are some decent car shows in the Somerset area but are there anything specific to Camaros?

Thomas

2. Venom73

Venom73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, Ky
    No camaro only I know of. But we will definitely try and get members together this summer

3. 82Vettrin

82Vettrin Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Bardstown, KY
    no,, none that I'm aware-of either,, and I (used-to) attend bunches of cruise-ins here in the central Bluegrass region. almost every small town or burger joint sponsors a cruise-in anymore... just too many to try and make 'em all ~~:p but none are "Camaro-specific" like some of the Mustang clubs or Corvette clubs.
    there is a site called Kentucky Cruises,, that lists most all of the majorly attended ones.
    http://www.kentuckycruises.com/index.cfm
    we have ours here in Bardstown (Whiskey City Cruisers) on the 2nd Saturday of each month, April thru October, at the Justice Center off Hwy 150 jct Ky 49.
    c'mon down and see us !

4. speedfreak1000

speedfreak1000 Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Springfield, kentucky
    we all need to get our cars over to indiana down by the river at the park and take a pic using the louisville skyline as the back drop.

kinda like this this pic of my old bike
    [​IMG]

5. moms1978

moms1978 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Man Cave
    I can't think of the name of it right now but theirs a company out of Lex that sells 67-81 parts. I'd assume they would have some type of camaro show every year.

we all need to get our cars over to indiana down by the river at the park and take a pic using the louisville skyline as the back drop.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

6. BB72R-Yes

BB72R-Yes Veteran Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Waynesburg Kentucky
    ^That would be Camaro Central. Great bunch of guys. I'm not sure if they host a show or not but I'll give 'em a call and find out.

7. Thomas Clark

Thomas Clark Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Lexington, Ky
    Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. All I was aware of was this site. http://www.kentuckycarshows.com/

Thomas

8. moms1978

moms1978 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Man Cave
    Tom,,sweet ride man. I really dig the big bumpers. I had a 76, kick myself every now in then for letting it go. I bought it to snag the drive train for the 78 then turned around and sold the 76 dirt cheap. Live an learn I guess. Wish I would of just let it sit, 8 years later and I'm ready for another one.

Yours is very nice,,welcome to the best website ever.

9. 82Vettrin

82Vettrin Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Bardstown, KY
    heyy,, yeah Thomas.. I had forgotten about Charlie Napier's site.
    he always DJs the July 4th parade at Crab Orchard. (and others; that's just one in particular that we usually attend).

10. Thomas Clark

Thomas Clark Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Lexington, Ky
    Thanks for the kind words.