Anyone using Holley HP EFI?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by czizza, Sep 30, 2017.

1. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

Jan 8, 2004
    N. Massapequa, NY, USA
    I have Edelbrock Proflo1 for about 20 years now, it is the original non sequential ported system with halleffect distributor.

I can upgrade to the ProFlo3 but that is a complete purchase ... back in the day we could have done a Proflo1 to 2 upgrade with new harness and CPU; now they want you to drop down 3k for all new.

I see the Holley HP EFI universal kit; pretty much is an upgrade from the Proflo1 to something newer with Wideband a ton of features and if I want spark control I have to get an add on.

All for about 1/3 less; I think this is a good path ... does anybody have experience with the Holley HP? Does anyone have experience with Proflo and Holley to make the comparison?

2. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    I installed one for a customer a few months ago. Much easier to tune than other systems I've installed. I'm using a Holley Dominator setup for my project. A lot more flexibility than comparable offerings from FAST and Edelbrock. The ez efi from FAST isn't a bad choice for you either, but the Holley stuff has worked well for me.

3. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

Jan 8, 2004
    N. Massapequa, NY, USA
    Thanks for the update,I was looking at the fast stuff too. I was not impressed with EZ-EFI retro kit. I think the holley kit is really feature rich.

4. Rayzorz

Rayzorz New Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Calgary Alberta
    The Holley Hp kits are nice and lots of adjustability (like cold starts and self tuning). you can also run some power adders with it too, make a plan of future upgrades so you can make sure you have enough inputs/outputs (may need a dominator :p ) . if you are looking for the fast stuff the xfi sportsman has some reasonable features (laptop programming) but the Xfi 2.0 is a better system. Or you could do a megasquirt system as well. Go and read the manuals and instructions for all the systems you are looking at to see what might be better suited to you before making a decision.

Hope it helps

5. Chevy70

Chevy70 Veteran Member

Mar 3, 2014
    WA
    I’m using the Holley Sniper EFI and absolutely love it.

6. dailycruiser81

dailycruiser81 Veteran Member

May 19, 2013
    ft lauderdale
    I'm running fitech here and love it

7. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    Fitech here too, love it