Anyone sell repair or replacement door panel parts for deluxe panels

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by lapedr, Oct 31, 2017.

1. lapedr

lapedr Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Pembroke, GA
    I have deluxe door panels for my 72 and the plastic rails under the upper padded areas are cracked in multiple places, and the cardboard backing looks like they were left out in a rain-hail-snow-sand storm. I hate to buy new panels just to take the plastic rails out but I have had no luck searching for anyone who sells replacements. I would think that any door panels from 70 up to 81 would all use the same support rails. As far as the cardboard that's going to be hard to do since the wood grain inserts looked like they are glued or sewn on, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I love these panels, and don't want to put standard ones in.

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    I've read on this site that Just Dashes restores the deluxe door panels, but it's not cheap. Perhaps they can give you a few pointers for free.
    Don't forget this thread: http://www.nastyz28.com/threads/deluxe-upper-door-panel-72-73.306391/
    No one is going to see the plastic once you install the panel. As far as the cardboard backing, no one will see that either. Perhaps something like aluminum tape for support or a pretty thin sheet of material with adhesive. Not too thick or you'll run into problems with the door and window handles, as well as the screws and clips.