Anyone knows this 1970 Z28/RS

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by theDudefromGermany, Nov 8, 2017.

1. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    Did you have a picture of the Engine pad stamping? Post that, I don't like the stamping on that transmission....How about the rear end stamping pic? Looks like that Trim Tag has also been off the vehicle, could have been removed when restored and put back on. Don't like it when people mess with Trim Tags...

2. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    lol, Dave we must have been typing at the same time and have the same thoughts here...

3. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Yeah.
    Not sure why restorers want to remove the TT. There was a fairly well known car that had a high end restoration done from Illinois with many photos of the resto on FB. I was looking through them carefully and noticed one photo that showed the TT gone. When I asked the restorer about it, he removed the photo from FB with no answer to me.

4. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Stay the hell away from this car. It's a restamp. The tranny is restamped and the trim tag has been off and doesn't need to come off during a restoration.
    It's been off and the rivets have been left like a '69.

I'd like to see the engine stamp. Is it on the engine pad or by the oil filter.
    That will tell you alot about the restoration on this location on a Norwood car.

I WOULD FIND A DIFFERENT CAR.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  5. ren70z

ren70z Veteran Member

Apr 9, 2000
    ontario canada
    I seen this car , legendary motorcar didn't restore this car , but copo i agree on trans. stamp

6. theDudefromGermany

theDudefromGermany New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    @ren70z the guy who is selling the car had told me that it was restored in Canada. i only saw the Canadian customs paperwork. the car was sold in 2014 by legendary motorcar to a guy in the Netherlands. (http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/inventory/1970-chevrolet-camaro-rs-z28-922.aspx) So i though the car was made by them...
    but i called them before i posted the pictures and they said that they will look for some informations and give me a call tomorrow... i thought that they could have something about the history of the car...

@COPO @70lt1z28 thanks for the help!!! to be honest.. the TT looked a bit strange. but the rest of the car was really nice. it had the floor mounted pedal, the right instrumental panel, hurst floor shifter and all the rest looked really good. new wiring, new connectors, new seals and on and on! looked really good! but it seems like there´s somethings wrong with that TT... my freaking phone deleted the photo from the other engine numbers. but i really thought it was a good one, even with the strange TT. your expertise just save me some money... that re stamped tranny and the strange TT are not worth that much... would be a nice car to drive on a regular base but not for that much money!

7. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Here's the photos of the TT and trans from my car for comparison.
    100% sure they are original.

Attached Files:

8. COPO

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Check your deleted photos on your phone, they should still be there unless you went into the Recently Deleted Album and deleted the pics manually.
    Do you remember where the VIN and CTB stamp was?

9. theDudefromGermany

theDudefromGermany New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    @COPO i´m not sure about the locations of the stamps. and i can´t find the photos... but i could call the guy and tell him to send it to me. but the Trim Tag bothers me. @70lt1z28 this looks like a "nice trim Tag"! that one at my car was hard to read! not sure at all... on one hand the car looked really nice but on the other hand that trim tag and stamp on the tranny...

10. COPO

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    There’s also a good reason why someone would sand down some of the numbers on the TT. There’s no way weather had any doing with it either.