Anyone know about this company? Iron heads on Ebay

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by tom3, Mar 6, 2018.

1. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    Been looking for some modern design performance iron heads that will work with the older style intake and covers. See these Dart SS Iron Eagle based heads on Ebay for reasonable money, specs look good and far as I can tell are exactly what I'm looking for. Was considering a pair of Promaxx iron heads from Jegs but haven't heard anything good about those heads. Like to get it right the first time. Can't really find anything on the selling company. Seems like a super price for what they are, kind of makes me suspicious there. Link to the Dart heads here, what do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pair-s...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

2. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Check the Dart site, they will have more info about that exact part number than some reseller on ebay.
    I assume they cut and paste stuff?? go straight to Dart to determine if these will work with your combination.

3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    I'm assuming they buy the bare heads and assemble/machine them in their shop? I'm replacing an old set of 186 'fuelie' type heads that need a bunch of rework so these would be an upgrade for sure. Just wondering if this shop has any reputation, good or bad. Thanks for the reply.

4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I looked at their feed back. Only one complaint. Not related to heads.

5. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    These are what the previous owner of my car installed on my 355. After build dyno made 430hp/385 lb ft/ She runs great!

6. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    I did the same, they've been around a while but I've never heard of them.

7. mrdragster1970

Just FYI for everyone.
    My crew chief bought some race Profilers from a reseller because they were a few hundred dollars cheaper than direct from Profiler.
    The guy is a big seller on the internet.
    Well they suck, the valve job is completely wrong, the seat is jacked up and now he has to buy a custom set of valves to make them fit what he hogged out.

Like I always say, KISS. Do it right the 1st time. Don't buy by price & get some counterfeited crap.
    Save up a little longer, and get the right part the 1st time.

As mentioned, this guy also bought bare heads by the pallet, and then assembles & sells online.

Blown Camaro and Zstar like this.
  8. ZEN357

ZEN357 Veteran Member

Feb 12, 2018
    DART makes great cylinder heads, never heard anything bad about them.

9. mrdragster1970

Except when some hack ruins them!!!

My Dart stuff is awesome. Strong as frick & as reliable as it gets!!!!
    Of course I only have it done by Professionals I trust completely.

10. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro American by birth, drag racer by choice

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    Wellllllll. Here we go then. DO NOT BUT THEM ASSEMBLED FROM DART. It cost me nearly double in the end. Broken valve springs, broken rocker studs. This carnage happened on the street luckily at 2500rpm. Sounded like a tree branch breaking! One pushrod bent, one snapped in half and fell under the intake. AND IT HAPPENED ON BOTH HEADS. Valve spring installed heights were all over the place and the springs I asked for went into coil bind way sooner than they should have. The seats were not cut deeply enough in the heads and I had to use an offset retainer set. Here's what I got to buy all over again after 25 miles:

Springs
    Retainers
    Locks
    Rocker studs
    Pushrods
    Valve spring shims
    Valve height micrometer (so I can now do my own heads as I don't trust anyone now)

Many miles and passes on them since and no problems whatsoever. Next time, I buy BARE.