Anyone in Florida want to make some $$$

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by jkhall, Feb 24, 2018.

1. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    With the fenders off you can get at the door hinges once the striker is on. If they were perfect in the past and they needed to come off, you needed to drill 2 1/8 holes for realignment later.

2. jkhall

jkhall Member

Dec 5, 2017
    would have smart if I would have drilled those holes ... :(

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    My Wife’s job makes her travel and since I’m retired, I choose when to tag along. So if we still have snow on the ground, I get the heck out of here.

4. jkhall

jkhall Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Updated pics.. of just mocking it up. lets say I need help.

OH. I will post in my main post on the RS conversion but the OER kit did not come with the filler panel between the upper and lower valance. The front Nose does not fit well either. I had read that heating it up may be the way to form it to the front metal but can't find that article so I may be wrong.

Attached Files:

5. jkhall

jkhall Member

Dec 5, 2017
    OH COPO.. FYI I moved to Tampa 2 years ago from LockHart Tx. I use to work at VMware on 2222 south of the bridge. I just noticed you were from Austin.

6. jester1

jester1 Veteran Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Not to be trivial but I hope you installed the new pins and bushings and fully seated the pins?
    Its not a one hour job either it can take a hell of a lot of time depending on how exact you want.
    Sometimes its easier to set the lower height at the rocker and go from there without the striker in place just to get you close.

7. Rustbucket350

Rustbucket350 Veteran Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Oviedo, Florida
    I might be interested but it depends. I'd love to help a fellow second gen owner but I work full time and I live closer to the east coast, daytona area. Maybe we can arrange something. I'm a painter so maybe I could help you out on that too. PM me and we'll talk about what needs done and your expectations.