Any Minnesota Clubs?

Discussion in 'Mid-West Owners' started by Slim1000, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Slim1000

Slim1000 New Member

May 18, 2015
    new prague,minnesota
    Anyone have 2nd Gen Camaro in Minnesota or any Camaro clubs? I live in New Prague, MN which is a very southern suburb of the cities(just south of Prior Lake,Shakopee), from Burnsville though most of my life. Have a 71 Z28/RS clone. Originally just a coupe with a 350. Has a 400 sbc with a 4-speed now. Was an auto tranny. Car is undergoing frame off restoration and should be done in July. Would like to hang out with some other Camaro owners and find out where the shows are.

2. dsbratton

dsbratton Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Rochester, MN
  3. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    I"m SW of Rochester now. Former member of the North Star Carmaro Club when I lived closer to the Twin Cities (Menomonie, WI).

The NSCC was (while I was a member) a very well run organization and quite active. They have club cruises (we participated in two of them). We also participated in a couple of their shows and were part of the club's exhibit in the Super Chevy section of the World of Wheels Car Show in the Minneapolis Convention Center back in '03 IIRC. Took second place in the Semi Modified division for the show.

With you being from New Prague, joining the NSCC would be a no brainer to me.

4. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    I'm a member of the Northstar Camaro Club, (NCC). The club puts on about 3 car shows a year and has a spring cruise and a fall cruise as well as other events. Every July the club attends the Street Machine Nationals at the Minnesota State fair grounds. They usually have around 40 Camaros in a row lined up on the street.
    One of the other events NCC does is a September run up to Warroad, MN every year to view the rare collection of Musclecars owned by Bob Marvin (Marvin Windows). He always has something new every year!
    It's a well run club with it's own website. Memebership is usually between 160-200 members, checkout the website link posted above...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  5. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Yep, unfortunately I can't go this year... family wedding! I've been to the Stillwater show many times in the past.