Any Iowa members?

Discussion in 'Mid-West Owners' started by G-MACHINE, Feb 11, 2014.

1. G-MACHINE

G-MACHINE Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Cullman, AL
    Hello All - I'm new to this site and am wondering if there are any members from Iowa?

Thanks,
    George

2. rvalley

rvalley Veteran Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Castalia IA
    ne iowa by wis and mn

3. G-MACHINE

G-MACHINE Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Cullman, AL
    You doing any part of Power Tour this year?

4. MidniteZ

MidniteZ Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA
    Just up the road from you in C.R. What year Camaro you have?

5. G-MACHINE

G-MACHINE Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Cullman, AL
    I have a 79 that I am building from the ground up, mini-tubbed, restomod style. I checked out a few of your pic links, we have the same taste in cars!

6. G-MACHINE

G-MACHINE Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Cullman, AL
    Here's a pic from last fall when I picked it up from Advanced Blasting in CR.

[​IMG]

7. MidniteZ

Oct 4, 2005
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA
    That looks like my wifes 79 about 3 years ago,(yeah, we have two 79's, I think it's a disease). I picked it up in '08 and finally finished it in '12. Worked on it almost every free minute I had. Turned out good though. Just about like a brand new '79. Funny thing is , I tried almost every year since I got mine in 05 to get it in the NastyZ calender without any luck, but the first year I submit hers, it gets in.
    If you need any help on the car, let me know, I love wrenching on them. Been helping a friend at work off and on with his '80.
    Oh, and advanced blasting does good work. I had them strip the urethane pieces on my wifes car and they turned out great.

8. G-MACHINE

G-MACHINE Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Cullman, AL
    Advanced Blasting stripped the tub, doors, fenders, rad. support, and sub frame. I need to drop off the decklid I just picked up along with a few sets of tail light housings. I wondered about how they would do with the urethane parts. I do not have the bumpers, need to find some solid GM cores.

We'll have to meet up sometime, check out each others projects. Thank you for the offer to help wrench, I extend the same to you. I love working on these cars as well, this is my second 79 (the first was a Z28). I noticed in your profile you list manufacturing as your profession, what is it that you do? I design plastic injection molds, and started it all way back in the day when I served an apprenticeship as a mold maker.

9. MidniteZ

Oct 4, 2005
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA
    I try to make it to the local shows when I can, so maybe I'll see you at one.
    As far as work, I am a maintenance mechanic at one of the Cargill plants here in town. Been there for 13 years, been in maint. for the last 5+. It keeps me busy. Gives me access to some great tools too.:)

10. SilverBullet70

SilverBullet70 New Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Iowa
    Currently in the Carroll area. Any one else from this part of the state?