"ANOTHER" mass murder :(

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by mrdragster1970, Nov 5, 2017.

1. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Being a Texan and I may be wrong on some small print details. CHL is ok almost anywhere except 51% alcohol places (bars). Some places post not carry in thier place of business.
    Alot of those lost some business.
    I respect the right of those business.
    We now can open carry which every anti gun person said it would be a killing field in Texas, guess what? I see very few people open carry in the larger cities and it has been business as usual.
    There is no way or very limited way to predict when one of these nutjobs go off. Being them being local nutjob or influenced by outside thoughts.
    You think you should be safe in the house of worship that you attend.
    Best wishes to the victims and families affected by this.
    Thank you for reading, I gonna stop at this point so as not to offend anybody.
    Always be aware of the enemies and sadly a certain homegrown generation.

Smokey15 likes this.
  2. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    I'm like 1972_Z-28 since we have legalized open carry down here I have only seen one individual openly carrying their weapon. Many businesses here have posted our open and concealed policies on their doors and not even thinking on the that the criminals will not be paying any attention to those signs. I like the element of concealment. My supervisor's church a suburb of Fort Worth says lots of the parishioners are carrying during church services. That could of saved lives.

3. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greenville, TX
    Just to be safe, I called a lawyer with Texas/ US lawshield.

We can open or conceal carry in a church as long as the church doesn't have the 30.06 or 30.07 signs, or if a representative of the church verbally notifies you that you can't. Just like any business.

Conceal and they won't stop you, if they even care... Mine doesn't!!!

wnmech likes this.
  4. HawkX66

HawkX66 Member

Sep 20, 2017
    MI/MA
    Ya, because all these nut jobs are law abiding citizens. More laws would have stopped Columbine, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Vegas etc. and now the one in Texas? Please think hard about what you are saying. The only thing these additional legal steps & hoops do is make criminals out of men and women that are trying to obey the law while protecting themselves and their family. Ask Chicago, the strictest city in the nation, how their firearms laws are helping. This weasel could have been stopped cold by a person carrying a firearm and lives would have been saved. The only permission you should need to carry a firearm is written into the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution.

5. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    I was listening to an interview with the Texas State Attorney. He basically said the law is poorly written and is pretty ambivalent. There is no legal penalty for carrying if you are otherwise allowed to carry.