Annual Junket

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by bkmont, Sep 30, 2017.

1. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    Weee...she's in the garage IMG_3244.JPG A driver to build on. So, you'll see me in the wanted section looking for correct parts. She runs out pretty good. Nice tight road feel.
    Norwood car that has a CE exchange motor installed in 1972.
    Still has the 4 speed CT radiator, 837 alternator, EB stamped master cylinder, original Muncie with a 3.73 rearend.

l16pilot and FlaJunkie like this.
  2. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    With a 4 speed! Can't call you shiftless anymore.
    Love the Classic Copper.
    How many miles on her?

3. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    Nice new Z, congrats on the purchase and sounds like some of the hard to find parts are still with the car. I am a fan of Classic Cooper as well, a very under appreciated color.

4. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    She shows 88,000 on the odometer, but who knows. I took it down to the gas station this afternoon after I washed the road grime off from riding in the open car hauler. A whole different driving experience with the 4 speed compared to the auto:bowtie:. One thing that i am going to have repair is the throttle shaft has slight gas seep.

5. biendog

biendog Veteran Member

Oct 8, 2011
    bellville,tx
    Where did you find it,how,etc.?

6. roeville

roeville Veteran Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Castro Valley CA
    Congratulations on your new car. Classic Copper looks good with white stripes.

Seeing that picture of your citrus Z on the car hauler hit too close to home for me.

Mike

7. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    biendog,
    It was listed on ebay. When the auction ended i contacted the seller and we communicated back and forth for awhile with specific pictures and videos of the car that I requested to make me feel somewhat comfortable about making a long distance transaction. After a price negotiation, i bought it. It came out of Colorado. Is it a shining example of a nut and bolt resto, no but the price reflected that. It's something i can drive, enjoy and bring it slowly up to my expectations.

Mike,
    I really did like the citrus z, but I felt like I had taken it as far as I wanted too. I have been lusting after a Z28 with a four speed. I had been resisting the temptation to put one in the auto car. I just felt guilty about modifying it. So, when I someone offered to buy it, I thought this would be my chance to get a Z with 4-speed. And I did.
    Bryan

8. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    Another thing I have discovered, I know it's not original, but kind of neat, it has one of those old Rancho Suspension Kits that were sold for Camaros way back when. Shocks, springs, bushings and what appears to be adjustable front and rear sway bars. o_O

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  9. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Congrats on the new Z28. The Classic Copper will grow on you. I get many compliments on the color when I'm at shows because you rarely see it.

I had a complete Rancho suspension kit on a highly modified 70 Camaro I built back in the early/mid 1980's and it worked great! Totally new car after the changes. I had a set of soft compound 16" Goodyear ZR tires and it handled like it was on rails... made the car sit 2" lower too. Only American performance car running 16" tires back then was the Corvette.

10. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    Thanks Scott, The way it handles surprised the heck out of me. A huge difference between this car and the factory suspension on the green car. I like it!