Annual Junket

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by bkmont, Sep 30, 2017.

1. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    Well since the road trip topic started i thought I'd continue on the theme.

I'm heading out to participate in the Annual "Cruisin the Coast" 21st event over on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I've participated in the event for quite a few years. Always have a good time. Participated with several different cars I'v owned over the years.

I started going to the event with my self restored 68 Corvette convertible, A nice original 1972 LT-1 AC'd Corvette coupe, a 1965 Corvette coupe and finally arrived at my 1970 Camaro RS/Z28. The Z is my favorite. I got the bug for the LT-1 motor when I owned the 72 LT-1 Corvette.

I have met some great guys over the years. We all had one thing in common - The love of cars. Especially, go fast cars.

Here's to continuing the tradition!
    The OD has 50,399.9 on it
    I cleaned up some original 1970 trim rings that I found at a Corvette swap meet.
    And the pic of the Bob Keefer Chevrolet License plate frame that pilot so graciously donated to me. The frame donation helped me convince my wife that the original 70 U-S-A-1 dealer plate was worth the price to complete the package;).

Attached Files:

2. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Sounds like a great time, good luck with your trip. The plate looks great! And your car too.

3. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    Had a great time as usual. Here's a pic of the Ocean Springs gathering. The calm before the storm- We all left Friday afternoon to head back to Pensacola to prepare for the Nate storm.
    1969 Corvette (Sean)
    1970 Chevelle (Jay)
    1970 Challenger (David)
    1966 Chevelle (New friend)
    1970 Camaro IMG_0634 (1).JPEG

4. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    This trip turned out to be a little different.
    Going to a new home.

IMG_3172.JPG IMG_3170.JPG

5. Zclassic

Zclassic Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 28, 2002
    Walnut Hill, Florida
    Hey Brian. I was at the Ocean Springs venue but I guess I missed ya. Talked with a guy from Louisiana a long time who had his '72Z there. Hate to see you sold the '70. What's next?

6. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    Where did your Z28 end up going to? And sorry for your loss.

7. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    That's something you never see going down the road on a car hauler. At least you had 1 good final road trip with her.

8. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    Hi Todd, we were at OS most of the day Thursday. Up next, going to get another 70Z28 of course!:bowtie:

It went to Houston, Texas. A fellow put it in with his collection of other cars. He has a thing about green cars. Funny thing, I was approached about 30 minutes right before I was going to drive back home. He asked "is it for sale?", I said, "well I haven't really thought about it, but I guess it's all for sale". You know the rest of the story.

Yep, she performed flawlessly. I mixed the Torco Race Fuel in to give it a little octane boost. I could tell that the motor liked it. She sure was chipper! I've had her for awhile now. I want to move on to another 70Z. This time one with a 4 speed.

70lt1z28, 70 SS/L78 and FlaJunkie like this.
  9. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Hurlock, MD, USA
    Hi Brian, Sorry to see you sell the car, but the buyer is getting a super nice Z28. Keep us up to date what you wind up getting. :)

10. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    Will do. I appreciate everyone's guidance and assistance over the last few years on the green car. I have what I believe is a nice driver on the way! Right up my alley. Something to tweak on:bowtie:.