Amp And equalizer setup.

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by mjoc, Jun 7, 2016.

1. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Ok so I am updating my stereo system.
    I currently have two amps. One two channel 400w RMSx2 powering my subs
    and one 4 channel 125W RMSx4
    I will be upgrading the amps
    one 2 channel 600W RMS x2 and 4 channel 220W RMS x4.
    I want to add an equalizer . to process the signal and make the sound as clean as possible.

I need to find a way to mount the new amps and equalizer. Can I see Pictures Of your multi amp set ups.

Michael

2. hgoodwiniii

hgoodwiniii Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 25, 2004
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Hi, did you ever get your ams setup? I'm trying to find an amp rack to mount a Fosgate T400 to the rear inside trunk wall. Let me know if you have any leads on where to find a rack. Thanks.

3. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    For the second gen camaro everything has to be custom built.

I ended up putting off my new build. I will actually be building it in the next week. The two amps and equalizer will be mounted in the floor of the trunk the sub box will be installed under the rear deck lid and I will have a custom fiberglass speaker enclosure built in on top of the rear deck.

4. hgoodwiniii

Dec 25, 2004
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Ok, I see thanks. Not sure how I will proceed; I will probably mount my amp on the floor of the trunk, as well. Just need to make sure I don't drill a hole in the gas tank. LOL. I was really wanting to mount it in the trunk on that horizontal wall that's attached to the rear deck lid. That wall is not as flat as it needs to be for the length of the amp. It would probably work with a rack.

5. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Some pics of amp rack and trunk ready to be put in. Also the rear deck lid with the 5 1/4"

Michael 20170115_171724.jpg 20170117_150112.jpg 20170118_170616.jpg

6. hgoodwiniii

Dec 25, 2004
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Very nice! Did you mount the amp rack down to the trunk pan or is it just sitting on top?