AMD Fender Fit

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Grizzlyman, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Good to know. I have a pair for my '70 RS street/race car. Waiting to get it to body/paint jail.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Pics!!!!!

3. Ron Hooper

Ron Hooper New Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I just bought two new front fenders but have not installed them. The tooling is supposed to be new for the fenders that I purchased.

4. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I bought 2 new AMD fenders for my '70. Turns out, it was better to fix the usual rustout spot behind the tire. The original ones just drop on and go. My car has had a few motors and seen some "spirited" driving in its many years. I think the original fenders are "bent" to spec for the best fit. The AMD ones took a bit of shimming, trial fitting and got real close, almost perfect, but the original ones were worth saving. I did a better job than most local body shops with some sheet metal and a minimal amount of skim filler.

I have 2 AMD fenders if anyone is interested locally. I will not ship but, will deal on them.

NOTE: These are the old style.

5. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Pearland, texas
    Are your fenders the new AMD fenders or the old ones? They re-engineered them recently. Ive heard pretty good things about the new ones.

I just now read they are old style, I must not have seen that....

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  6. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I bought my AMD fenders probably 4 years ago. They went on pretty easy, although I struggled a little with the alignment. Chock that up to my own inability to do body work PERIOD... Anyway they have been on the car ever since and I still think they look just fine. A body man could probably get them a lot better but I'm not there yet in the project.

7. jbloake

jbloake Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    NS Canada
    How do the new AMD fenders fit ?

8. 67johnny

67johnny Veteran Member

Apr 14, 2016
    vancouver
    Needing to find out also!
    So... how long ago were they re-engineered?
    Thanks!

9. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Pearland, texas
    They re-engineered these around February I believe, and started selling around March?

I dont have them completely fitted yet, its too dam hot in my garage. I still have some aligning to do, but so far I haven't seen any major gotchas. Here are a few pictures, please keep in mind I really haven't done much to align them, I pretty much just threw on a few bolts and wanted to see how they looked. I still have the inner fender-wells in, I need to remove them to properly align the fenders. I tried briefly to get them lined up with the inner fenders in, and its pretty clear I need to remove them. If you want better pictures or have specific questions, please let me know. I was skeptical buying them, but I just wasnt happy with the way the patch panels looked, they didnt have any of the bottom indentation, and that bothered me.

20180308_183148.jpg 20180311_151511.jpg

jbloake likes this.
  10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Any more pictures? I would like to see closer pics of the fender where it meets the header panel especially the lower part (lower side of headlight)