Alston Subframe connectors pictures installed

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Old School, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Old School

Old School Veteran Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Arlington, TX
    Hey guys, I just wanted to post some pics about Alston bolt in subframe connectors. Tommy (67lemanster) turned me on to these and I'm glad he did. I did alot of searching and didn't find to much, (picture wise) but thought if I made a post, it might help the next person out when searching.

1st of all, these are an awesome piece. I love the tubular design!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just took them up to a muffler shop and had them welded on the 76, even though they are a bolt in type. They went in great and don't hang low at all. Hard to see at all from the pics. The exhaust hangs lower than these connectors do.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, very awesome connector and well worth the money. I liked them for the fact that there tubular and that they connect to the rear frame rail instead of the leaf spring perch like CE's do. I got them through Dougherbert.com for $153.99 Part#102412 for 70-81 camaro's. Made the car much more solid feeling compared to having nothing at all. Hope this helps someone else out.

Michael

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  2. rgearhead

rgearhead Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 14, 2006
    SOUTHWEST CHICAGO, ILL
    they weld in or bolt or both look good dont like when you can see them sticking way down is that a 3" exhaust.....

3. Old School

Jul 8, 2001
    Arlington, TX
    Yes, I have 3 inch exuast under there. I love how they tuck. Wasn't a concern, but its nice that they don't hang all out there to see.

4. Nitroexpress

Nitroexpress Veteran Member

Jun 1, 2005
    "Rochester" NY
    "Cool " I was just going to ask tommy about the ones he had too!!!! I remember seeing a picture of his under carige once & thinking I like the Alstons alot better then the competition eng ones. I just went to that site you posted.I'm ordering a set tomorrow also! Hey did you replace you body bushings with solid ones,or do you still have the stock rubber ones? Does it realy need to be done??? Man I can't wait for spring:confused: Dman snow is making me nuts with "Cabin fever"

5. Old School

Jul 8, 2001
    Arlington, TX
    I did put solid body mounts on my camaro. Everything I've read says to use solid when welding SFC's in. I think Tommy has the CE ones, and he told me if he had to do it again, he'd go the Alston SFC's.

Man, forget that snow! We're having gorgeous weather here. 77 here today! Bring on the spring and summer nights!

6. andrew1977

andrew1977 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2006
    parksvegas, BC
    holy crap you have a nice big bumper camaro..... it makes me want to keep mine

7. Old School

Jul 8, 2001
    Arlington, TX
    Thanks Andrew. The 74-77's can be done right to look damn good! Just have to find the right combo!

Here's a pic from the front.
    [​IMG]

Those are fiberglass bumpers on the car BTW. The stock ones looked like crap and good luck finding some good ones. So I went with the glass ones, had them painted a bright silver and a black strip to simulate a stock bumper. Always takes people alittle time to figure out there fiberglass. lol

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  8. 3_z28camaro

3_z28camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Acton, CA
    Very nice!

Your car makes me like big bumper Camaros a little more. Once again, very nice!

9. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    Very nice car Michael! Thanks for posting up the pics of your install, that will help others coming along wanting to do the subframe connector deal.
    Nice job!

10. BobB

BobB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 10, 2000
    USA
    Yep,thats a sharp red.Is it a Ford color?