Air Conditioning Advice

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by bcc7771, Oct 26, 2016.

1. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

Nov 3, 2015
    PA
    oil flows through the entire system.

bbc, post up how you make out with this. i have done a couple r-12 to r134a retrofits, and some work great, and some not so good. usually vent temps at idle are not real good, but get better with air flow across the condenser. if your temps are "ok", they could probably get better with a parallel flow condensor.

2. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    Oil shouldn't flow anywhere but the compressor where it is needed . Refrigerant flows through the system . Oil is a non condencable and should not be in the system itself . I've changed over a thousand AC systems and the oil that came in the compressor is all that is needed . The rest of the system doesn't need oil ( why would it , there are no moving parts to lubricate besides the compressor) . I've pulled out evap coils half filled with oil .This reduces the capacity if the evap coil considerably . Do what you want .

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  3. bcc7771

bcc7771 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2013
    houma,la
    same here...I have been searching and haven't got a straight answer on it. probably throw caution into the wind and put 2.5 oz in comp. and same into dryer. then charge....see what happens.

4. bcc7771

bcc7771 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2013
    houma,la
    will do supercool....