Air Compressor plumbing size?

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by Johnny Blaze, Jan 9, 2015.

1. 71Rocks

71Rocks Veteran Member

Oct 12, 2011
    North Texas
    That's what I read in my research. I was looking for some first hand experience. I am looking at possibly getting a condenser (with at least the inlet and outlet size of the pipe I'm running) and a fan to put just after the compressor. Hook up the fan to a relay that will turn the fan on when the compressor is running. This idea is just in the planning stages, have to put it to pen and paper to work out the details.

2. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I used the Rapidair system and was very pleased. Easy to install and was not any more than using copper tube. You can easily bend the pipe to whatever contour you want.

3. 71Rocks

71Rocks Veteran Member

Oct 12, 2011
    North Texas
    Aaron,

I've looked at Rapidair as well. Which piping did you use and how much? My shop is 32' x 45'. I'm thinking about running 3/4" around the top of the shop as a manifold and use 1/2" drops with a water drain at the end of each drop.

How did you set your system up?

4. Johnny Blaze

Johnny Blaze Veteran Member

Jan 24, 2013
    New Washington, IN
    I'm finishing up with the 3/4" rapidair system. It's bldefinatlyuch more heavy duty than the 3/8" I replaced it with.

Also much easyier installation, which is why I decided to use it over copper or black iron. I'm also plumbing 2 seperate rooms in my garage and the other materials would require more time and effort.

I am running 3 drops with a regulator and filter at the end of each.

O got the 3/4" kit from Northern Tool for $179.90