Aftermarket Trim

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Plater Tom, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Plater Tom

Plater Tom Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Mt Pleasant, Pa. USA
    Does anyone know if Front and Rear Window Trim is made by more than one company, or are there different/better brands to buy. Have heard stories that some are better than others when it comes to fit and thickness. Tom

2. phat80

phat80 Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Victoria BC
    I'm watchin this 'cause I'm just in the process of pricing out new trim. It is EXPENSIVE!

3. Plater Tom

Feb 2, 2003
    Mt Pleasant, Pa. USA
    I am a bit surprised that there have not been any comments. Tom

4. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Plater Tom, I cant remember your history or current plating/polishing status ???

I have Good Sets of used OE Aluminum Clad Trim that needs to be polished after the anodizing is stripped.

5. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    I bought my aftermarket window trims for my 71 on ebay. I dont remember the vendor but I'm sure they all come from basically the same place. I ruined the rear window trim trying to do like the old days hitting the trim with my palm and ended up bending it at a $200 loss. I repurchased the trim from the same vendor and this time I used the window trim removal tool and released the pressure off of the window clip and my trim came out fine. Ultimately be careful installing those trims because the will bend easily.

6. Plater Tom

Feb 2, 2003
    Mt Pleasant, Pa. USA
    Thank You for the information wnmech. I had been told in the past that the aftermarket trim was not the same thickness. Just wanted to verify that by another person. Chuck, I retired two years ago, therefor I am no longer involved in plating. I also have several sets of trim that I will be refinishing when time permits. Tom

7. phat80

phat80 Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Victoria BC
    Would you in intersted in boxing up the trim and sending it to Blaine WA 93210? Thanks larryirvine@shaw.ca

8. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    I bought new trim for rear glass . Like said it is thinner and bent when putting on. Finding good originals is a better option