Aero79z's forever project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Aero79z, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Aero79z

Aero79z New Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Hey everyone, I’ve been using Nasty Z28 to get information for my build since 2014 so I figured it was about time to make a project progress.

Back in 2014 I was turning 16 and needed my first car and after a few months of searching I finally found what I wanted. A rubber bumper Z28 with a 4 speed and a 350 that I could afford. It was a 79 that started life in Arizona so luckily there wasn’t as much rust as I’m used to up here in Pennsylvania.As the thread title suggest I plan on keeping this car for the rest of my life because I know i'll never stop kicking myself if I ever had to get rid of it… no matter how many times it breaks and how much money I spend on it. I took these pictures the day I brought it home. The flat black is rough to say the least,and earned it the nickname of the Batmobile to most people when I was in High School.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today the car looks like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m writing this from college right now and the cars back home so I’ll have to get better pictures of the full car next time I’m home. I’ve done a good amount of work to the car since I bought it, and I’ll probably be posting more specifics on what I've done gradually. As the car sits now it has the 350 in it still, A Tremec TKO 600 with a Hurst Blackjack shifter, A full 3 inch exhaust, Wilwood 6 pistons up front and 4 pistons out back (everything in the brake system is brand new at this point except the pedal), and Boss 338’s wrapped in 245/40-18’s up front and 275/40-18’s out back. This site has been a big help to me so I just wanted to share what it's helped me do, and help others out doing similar work.

Peck likes this.
  2. 1978 Z/28

1978 Z/28 Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2017
    New Brunswick
    looks good
    I still have my 78 Z that I bought new. Asked girl friend in 1982 before wedding not to make me sell it, glad I did still have both. Now that I am retired I am restoring it. Did you use a hurst driveline tko-600. which headlight halo ring did you use

3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    It came out quite well.Keep up the good work.

4. Aero79z

Aero79z New Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    1978 Z/28 I did use Hurst Drivleines TKO 600. And the headlights came from Redline Lumtronix. this is the exact kit I used they were super simple to install. http://haloheadlights.co/7-inch-white-diamond-multi-color-halo-projector-headlight/

5. Lencross

Lencross Veteran Member

6. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Great story and GL with your studies in college and progress on your car. It is nice seeing young people build or/and have feeling for thier car and not treating like a throw away item.
    My son is a Sr. In high school and plans to keep his car forever also. 92 RS Camaro about to get the LS swap treatment.

7. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Love the wheels, they look great, and have fun working on it !! And welcome to the site, keep posting !!

8. earnhardtgm3

earnhardtgm3 Veteran Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Camaro Country,GA
    Nice looking car-keep up the progress.