Acer c720 chromebook.

Discussion in 'NastyZ28 Gamers & Computer Gurus' started by FreedomPenguin, Aug 8, 2014.

1. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Dayton, Ohio
    I have always had a decent computer for the last 8 years or so, I own a y500 power laptop, it rocks at EVERYTHING. However, it is larger and I keep it on end table in living room for beside my couch.

Long story short, saw a groupon for a acer c720 refurbished for 130, then tax was 140 total. Wanted to go see it in person, went to best buy, just browsing they asked what I was doing told them just comparing chromebooks since groupon has it on internet for 130 refurbed. Manager at best buy drops my chromebook to 129 since it was the last one lol. Brand new, sweeeet. Thing came with 2 years of 100gb google space and 12 plane internet passes too.

The reason I bought it, was honestly to put beside my bed, I hated carrying my larger y500 to the room and it dying 30 minutes later (exagerating, but it does eat battery) Man, this laptop rocks. I dont do anything but web browse, music and whatever anymore honestly. I could see myself sticking with chromebooks in future for traveling and casual use.

the chrome OS isnt even bad if you just browse/hangout on the web. Anyone ever used one? pros cons? As of now im in love with it, it may be simple but its all I need. and like 9 hours battery life. I havn't charged it at all since I opened box and its day 2 and im at 80% battery life lol.

2. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Awesome deal!

I need to get one of these because Tablets annoy the sh** out of me.
    I hate touchscreen typing and editing, and I'm notorious for typing too fast
    and having to go back and edit after proofreading.

I need a keyboard and these are great web surfing assets VS tablets.

3. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Dayton, Ohio

Keyboard is nice actually, touchpad has 3 finger gestures which work very well
    It will take a little effort to use enter and backspace as they are over a little further right. I miss it first try every once in awhile but if you use it a bit will habit it easily