Aaron's 76 Type LT Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 76_TypeLT, Aug 1, 2008.

1. BP80Z28

BP80Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Plymouth Mass
    Wow Aaron!! Its been along time scene I've been on here.Sorry you had to go this.It will be nice when all is said and done.Glad you and your family are safe.

2. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for checking in Bob :)

So we're on track to begin moving back downstairs next Friday 2/16. Paint should be 99% done by the end of Saturday. Backsplash and plumbing is going on now. Electrical trim out is next week. After that it will be things that can be done while we are back downstairs.

BP80Z28 likes this.
  3. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That is good to hear!

4. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    We're moving back downstairs this Friday. The house won't be 100% done, but done enough so we can live in it again. They can address any lingering issues with us living there.

Kitchen appliance sget installed today and they are doing last major paint issues. Electrical trim out will be done this week too. So it actually looks like a house again.

I am taking off Friday 2/16 through Friday 2/23 so it will be a very busy 10 days!

brooksman9 likes this.
  5. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Amazing build thread Aaron, and hope you're getting your life back to normal. I have visions of, the day before I'm set to roll out of the garage, an earthquake hitting and everything flying off the shelves and onto the car. Glad you were able to limit the disaster a little.

6. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Sorry for the lack of updates but unfortunately there isn't much to update, lol. Harvey turned our world upside-down and I feel like we only recently got our home back to normal after over a year since flooding (August 28, 2017). My garage still hasn't been totally redone, but that is no matter. I took the chance to improve the storage in my garage and am happy with the setup now. We are actually still dealing with odds and ends from the rebuild but nothing that is urgent.

I got all the crap we were storing under my Camaro moved into the house last month. Since I had it jacked way up it presented a good place to store items out of the way. I am taking a few days off here and there and will clean the dirt off and review where I left off and tackle things in 2019. I think she's 90% done so I was hitting my stride when the flood water hit the fan. To make it DRIVEABLE won't take all that much (fix small steering hose leak, bleed brakes and clutch MC, install steering wheel, etc), which I feel like I should focus on and then finish any aesthetics issues.

Hope everyone is doing well and making good progress on their projects!

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  7. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Good news! It took us over a year after getting flooded during Sandy to get back to "normal" . Houses behind us are still not finished 5 years later so you are doing pretty well!

The good news is your paint has had plenty of time to cure!

8. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Hi Aaron, glad to hear things are getting settled down for you and you will be able to start working on your car again.

I've been over in China on a contract for the past three months with another month to go. That is going to allow me to get started working on mine again when I get back to town.

9. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Glad to hear you check back in. I too did a layoff on the car for 7 months to upgrade the garage. Now we need to finish these cars.

10. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Yep, paint is 3+ years old ;)

I hear you about getting back to normal. There are many homes in the Houston area that are still bare studs. Some of that is lack of funding or they sold and they have not been rebuilt yet. It's hard to find someone to come out and do smaller projects we need done. I'd do them myself if I had the time!