Aaron's 76 Type LT Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 76_TypeLT, Aug 1, 2008.

1. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Here's some recent pics of the house

New living room layout. We removed the corner fireplace to make more room.

[​IMG]

We added an AV cabinet in the adjacent utility room to place the AV receiver, cable box, etc. That will keep stuff nice and hidden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    coming along very nice.

3. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    I haven't been on this site in Years. I just spent a week reading Your Thread. Awesome work. I also have a 76. I had a thread but Photobucket removed all My pics, LOL. It's not worth checking out. I Have the winter blues and needed and Camaro "Fix".

Attached Files:

John Wright likes this.
  4. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    Looking real good. Nice place!

5. lhorne81

lhorne81 Member

May 26, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    Looking good Aaron. Keep fighting the good fight.

6. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Thanks, they are in the middle of doing painting and tile work is starting today. The house should be mostly done by the end of this month. Then we move to punch list items. So we're looking at moving back downstairs in 2H February. It's not as much about the actual work that needs to get done but more about getting subs to actual show up since there is so much work in the area. Labor is stretched thin due to them taking on so much work.

The process is frustrating because it's so inefficient, even more than you'd expect for a remodel project like this. There are lingering issues with drywall texture that they have to fix but they are painting over them anyway. The GC is fully aware of what issues need fixing so if they want to fix them later then so be it. It's not the best use of time.

7. 70rsss

70rsss Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Houston, TX.
    Aaron what side of town are you on? I'm about a mile south of Buffalo Bayou around Kirkwood. I was real luck to stay dry but I had a moat around my house for three days.

8. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That would be frustrating, the subs doing work that will have to be redone. Hopefully they don't try to stick for the bill twice!

9. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    We spoke to builder about that very thing. He insured us we wouldn't be billed for re-work, but how could we really tell? We have the initial estimate to use as a guide, but invoices can be disguised with vague descriptions. We have full access to all the invoices they are getting, so we see the one pertaining to round 1 of texture work. Any others after that should not apply.

10. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Up near Cypresswood and 45. We got affected by Cypress Creek. We were fine during the Memorial Day floods and Tax Day floods, but Harvey was too much (for many others too). I will say it again; nobody in Harris County, much less Southeast Texas, should be without flood insurance.