Aaron's 76 Type LT Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 76_TypeLT, Aug 1, 2008.

1. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    We had some serious issues to deal with from Sandy a few years ago. I had to move my car 3x during the storm to get it out of the storm surge. I feel your pain on this, it is very stressful. Glad you could get yours up high enough to stay dry. You are moving VERY fast with your rebuild, I am amazed you are so far along already and have everything lined up for construction. It's taken years for some people in our area.

Most importantly your family is safe!

Good luck with the rebuild.

2. Revin

Revin Veteran Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Round Rock , TEXAS
    WOW Aaron!
    Glad you guys are ok.
    It is GREAT news that you had the forethought to jack the car up. and that high!!:eek:
    I always say the people in Houston are used to floods and you proved my point. Know something is coming and get everything to high ground. cause you know it will flood.

Yep SUPER great news!!:lush::lush::lush::cool:
    need something just ask!

3. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Sorry to hear about the flooding. Being south of New Orleans i know all about hurricanes and flooding. Luckily i have been spared. I hope all works out for you. Stay safe.

4. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Glad everybody was safe, that is always the most important. I wish the best to you and your family as you get the house repaired. I dealt with pretty minimal flooding due frozen pipes that burst a few years back and it took some time to get it all fixed and I was amazed by how much damage water can do so quickly.

5. Double R Restorations

Double R Restorations Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2002
    VA
    So sorry to hear this Aaron. Glad everybody is ok.

6. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Pearland, texas
    Glad you had the forethought to raise your car! We had water about 3/4 up the driveway, we were lucky. I was prepared to do the exact same thing if the water rose any higher. Ive been helping co-workers tear out sheet-rock and I've had a flooded family staying with us over the last few weeks.

7. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    We signed the contract with the GC last Thursday, so now we wait to get things started. We should see some activity in the next 1-2 weeks. There will be some framing work required so that will be the first phase of work. The Camaro garage will be jam packed with boxes so no work will happen until 2018 :( She isn't going anywhere.

We got our house remediated for NINE days total with fans and commercial dehumidifiers (3 days and another 6). But it gives us good peace of mind that our house is dry and ready for rebuilding. Some neighbors didn't get ANY remediation done, which is crazy. I walked around last night with my daughter and some homes already have drywall and texture up. I hope they don't regret that later.

8. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Here are some pics of our other project, the house rebuild. Drywall should begin soon. The GC is conservative about insulating and drywalling until the moisture levels are below a certain threshold (14%). They said some isolated spots are around that level, which they can address by replacing materials. Some people's homes are done, which is kind of wild since I am pretty sure very few people got remediation.

Pre-framing photos: https://imgur.com/a/JKlL6

Post-framing photos: https://imgur.com/a/UAPiP

Drywall work: https://imgur.com/a/mlAat ==> very early stages right now, they started in my workshop garage so I can move boxes in there for storage.

9. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    It looks like the repairs are coming together nicely! I'm sure it is going to be great when it is finished. I'm very happy to hear that your car didn't get flooded.

10. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Thanks, it's a slow process but we'll get there. Congrats on the new work, that's exciting news.

They just finished floating the walls and will sand in a few days. Then they'll do texture, trim, cabinets, painting. That's going to be 4-6 week process. Then counters, flooring will be last.