Aaron's 76 Type LT Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 76_TypeLT, Aug 1, 2008.

1. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Congrats on the family and the advancement on your car. Your on the fast track..

2. olstyle

olstyle Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    Wow Aaron seems I need to check in a little more often. Congrats on both :)

3. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Litchfield, NH
    As the father of six daughters, my heartfelt congratulations! Little girls steal your heart and never give it back. If this is your first, you will find your whole perspective on life will change in and instant!

Enjoy the whole experience, they grow up way too fast.

4. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    Wow! Congrats on both!!!

5. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Thanks guys, we are excited to add to the family. This is going to be it for us, mainly because my wife couldn't go through another pregnancy. This one was rough on her. She's 37 and I am 41, so 2 children is enough for us.

perkalator likes this.
  6. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    congrats on the car starting. i know that feeling all too well. I wish all the best for the new addition to the family.

7. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I was having issues with the oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge not working properly (Auto Meter Sport Comp II, electronic) and I got the water temp gauge to work but I am still messing with the oil pressure gauge. I kind of need that one to work. :)

You have to apply teflon thread sealant on the adapters that thread into the motor since they are NPT fittings, but if you put too much sealant on them then that affects the ground which affects the gauge's ability to work properly. The oil pressure gauge wasn't moving at all last night, although it HAS worked properly before and showed 40 psi. I removed all the thread sealant last night and will try again tonight. I know I have oil pressure but I still need that gauge to function.

8. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Jan 2, 2012
    New Zealand
    Adding one or two copper or aluminium washers can really help with grounding in some instances, but depends on the shape of the fittings

9. PTC

PTC New Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Kloogaranna
    Perhaps using some kind of liquid pipe sealer would make difference?

10. 76_TypeLT

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Good call. These adapters came with copper washers which I assumed was just for sealing but am now learning they help with grounding.

I hooked the oil pressure guage back up and it works fine now. So that's a relief. It shows 40-45 psi.