9100 Original Mile 73 Z - Do You Know This Car?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by MY73Z, Feb 27, 2014.

1. MY73Z

MY73Z New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Hey Guys. I've had the car 13 years and unfortunately just haven't had the time to enjoy it as much as I used to. I've spent more time in in the last 6 months carefully detailing and documenting the car than I have in the past 5 years, I did swap the valve covers back correctly after I realized I put them on the wrong sides. I had hoped to had gotten together with camaromb to do some photo's of the two matching cars together, again just didn't have the time. Thought I'd put it on Ebay and see what happens. Otherwise I'll just enjoy it for a few more years and hopefully take it down to the MCACN this fall, It's just a really nice car. If anyone wants any more info, shoot me a p.m.

Thanks Guys!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  2. MY73Z

MY73Z New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    As for the seat belts, I don't believe the passenger side had much use. The drivers hard plastic sleeve will not stay attached to the base therefore not allowing the belt to stay in the upright position (I do not want to mess with it and damage it). As for the wheels I to have never seen a set with this much sheen. That being said, haveing been in the restoration business for 30+ yr's there is absolutley no evidence of them ever having any type of refinish or clear coat having been done (look at the pic's of the date stamps & back sides). Could it be the difference of the Black back side vs. the Gray back side wheels?

Thanks Guys!

3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    The sleeve on my car is soft and some what plyable ( both sides ) . Not hard plastic . I don't know what the story is either. . I've seen that style on the later 70s cars with the shoulder and lap belt connected .