9100 Original Mile 73 Z - Do You Know This Car?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by MY73Z, Feb 27, 2014.

1. 73Z28

73Z28 Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Valley of the Sun, AZ
    Absolutely true.....I know, 'cause I was there. Can't tell you how many smog pumps/lines and cast iron exhaust manifolds we threw in the dumpsters back then :eek:

2. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    Some were , some weren't though ..some were just driven and repaired .

3. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    Merely playing devil's advocate here but... just because someone gives you a "notorized statement" doesn't mean that it's the truth. There should be some paper trail, ie; repair/inspection receipts. I have 30 years of paperwork to back-up the roughly 7000 miles I have put on my car since I purchased it.

4. vfitom2aol.com

vfitom2aol.com Veteran Member

Mar 2, 2000
    NE PA
    Glad you said it. Couldn't agree with you more..........There have been and will be more "sworn to affidavit" cars in the future.

5. MY73Z

MY73Z New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    My point exactly. This is why I'm trying to locate the original owner or a relative. That's the link I'm missing. Though having been in the automotive restoration business since the late 70's, I invite anyone to look at this car and tell me otherwise. Just trying to find the paper trail, otherwise to most it's just a claimed 9,100 mile car.

6. 73Z28

73Z28 Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Valley of the Sun, AZ
    Anyone who signs and has notarized a statement containing false information is a fool, as they are leaving themselves open to legal action in the future. A notarized statement is a binding legal document.

I hope you are successful in finding the original owner!

7. MY73Z

MY73Z New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Hello everyone. For the last two months, my son and I personally went over the whole car with a fine tooth comb. We carefully detailed and noted the entire car as best as we could, and took over 400 pictures throughout the process. Here is a link to some of the pictures we uploaded to a photo bucket. The further we got into going over the car, the more we became amazed as to the originality of the car and how it actually left the factory. As stated above, the car does not have the correct exhaust system or shifter. But, other then that I believe that 90% of the rest of the car was untouched, as it left the factory. Thanks again everyone for looking, and for the input.

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/devs600sdi/library/

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  8. 1971zed

1971zed Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Retired in Ottawa Canada
    Very nice car. Did you refinish the wheels or did the previous owner do them?

I was one of those guys that bought a brand new 73 Type LT with Z28 option and the
    first thing I did was pull the smog pump and manifolds off and throw them in the dumpster.
    Then I put on a set of Hedman headers. I even took off the wheels(but kept them) and put
    a set of ET chrome 5 spokes on.

9. vfitom2aol.com

vfitom2aol.com Veteran Member

Mar 2, 2000
    NE PA
    Nice........Please put the correct exhaust tailpipes on.............

10. MY73Z

MY73Z New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    1971zed, the wheels have never been refinished. The car still has the original, date coded wide ovals on it and factory markings on the back sides of the wheels!