80 Resto-mod

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 80CamaroMod, Dec 18, 2015.

1. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    I did it mostly for safety concerns. My harness seemed pretty damaged, and I am planning to do some upgrades/ additions later on. So a new harness just seemed like a good route

2. SinisterZ78

SinisterZ78 New Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Wheelwright Ky
    ah thanks man im not the best with wiring so i didnt know if it was a must with these older cars or if it was just something you wanted to do

3. jester0618

jester0618 Veteran Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Bryan, OH
    I've replaced the harness on all the cars I've done. After 35+ years, the insulation on the wires is brittle, and it doesn't take much chafing to create a bad ground, spark, etc.

4. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

SinisterZ78 think of it this way, the car is 35 plus years old. The wiring under the hood go through a heat and cold cycle everyday it runs. Also the grease and dirt take a toll on the wiring as well. If you dont do anything but replace the engine and front light harness your miles ahead, but forvthe cost ofvthose 2 harnessit isnt much more for a complete new harness from someone like AAW or Painless.

5. 81_Owner

81_Owner Veteran Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Looks great, man. Best of luck with your work. Keep us updated please.

6. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks I appreciate it! Work will be slow till spring time for me because of my lack of garage. But I will add onto this every time I work on it

7. Carinsulation.com

Carinsulation.com Veteran Member NazstyZ28 Sponsor Gold Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Coplay PA
    Good luck with your build, it's look very nice! Congrats! :cool:

8. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    Thank you! Can't wait to get started on it in a few months!

9. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    Well it has been a pretty busy year! Graduated from college and got a new job as well as moving. No huge updates on my progress but I have started the process of rewiring the whole car. So far I completed the tail lights and the headlights harnesses....now to hit the big part of the project, the main harness!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016