80 Resto-mod

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 80CamaroMod, Dec 18, 2015.

1. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    Hello fellow Camaro owners! My name is Dallas and I live in New York. I have had the car for a little while but getting parts has been slow and I'm just getting around to this forum thing. Also I am lacking a garage space that can do anything other than storage. I apologize for the crappy picture quality, I plan on taking better pictures once spring time rolls around. In a few months I will have a lot of work cut out for me and plenty of parts to put on. Well lets get this started! This is my first project car so I will probably need a fair amount of advice. I am up for the challenge however! I purchased this 1980 Camaro on my way to drill about a year ago. I was on my new route down a road I've never been on. It was sitting in someone's yard rusting away with raspberry bushes growing through the floor. I was hesitant to stop until my friend talked me into it. Anyways, I ended up purchasing it for 1,100. The owner didn't think it ran but we got it fired up after the third try. It has a reconstructed title from PA and needs a lot of work, but It seems pretty solid and I can't wait to get into the project :D! Thanks to New York, I cannot get my title until it passes inspection which is a pretty stupid set up but live and learn. I'm hoping to get it all ready by the end of the summer and road ready!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Luckily there was some missing parts left in the locked trunk! I found them after we got her home.

The gauge cluster was broken, only the speedometer worked so I decided to upgrade.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It also needs a full exhaust so I ordered some headers for now, as well as a wiring harness just for safety
    [​IMG]

Most of the interior was broken or missing so I decided to go the easier route and replace what I can without restoration. Out with the old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ..... and in with the new
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some rough brackets just to move it around comfortably. I plan on doing a slimmer bracket later on.
    [​IMG]

My brother and I decided to spruce up the engine bay some as well. It is just a temporary job, till the engine swap..but when boredom sets in you feel like working on it!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. frankz

frankz Veteran Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Illinois
  3. Rich71

Rich71 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Earth
    Cant beat it for $1100. Looks decent even as it sits now.

4. 2nd gen man

2nd gen man Veteran Member

Nov 28, 2010
    michigan
    Nice Project,,
    Good Luck

5. tbrostrom

tbrostrom Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Portland, NY
    Not a bad looking project at all. Nice find for $1100!!

6. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks guys! I was a little worried when I saw the reconstructed title but it looked like it was in good condition.

7. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    I have this up in another thread but does anyone have plans on how to build a center console? I do not feel like spending 300 on a new one and used are hard to come by. Measurements and pics would be appreciated.

8. BP80Z28

BP80Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Plymouth Mass
    Welcome aboard!!! This is the best site going for someone just starting out.Ask and you will get answers. Post in the swap meet section for the parts your looking for. You will be amazed at the responses you will get. Have fun with it!!!:bowtie:

9. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    Thank you! I've done a few things on this site so far, but it is amazing how much information is on here! Can't wait to start the project going here and post some updates :D

10. SinisterZ78

SinisterZ78 New Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Wheelwright Ky
    can someone tell me is there any reason to replace wires? or did yours have anything wrong with them?