79 Z28 & 69 SS396

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by HawkX66, Sep 20, 2017.

1. HawkX66

HawkX66 Member

Sep 20, 2017
    MI/MA
    I appreciate the concern, but as long as they're flat on the floor they aren't going anywhere. I have better jack stands, but these were the ones I grabbed. After 40+ years of using similar ones I'd probably get killed if I changed to something else lol... Maybe it's the angle, but the car isn't overly high either.

[​IMG]

2. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2008
    SF
    Nice cars and welcome

Are putting the vinyl top back on the 69 ?

Mine has a vinyl top and I kind of want to remove it haha but can’t decide

3. HawkX66

HawkX66 Member

Sep 20, 2017
    MI/MA
    Thanks. Yes, it's going back on. Without it, it'd be too much orange for me. I guess you either like it or you don't lol I actually went through a lot of trouble making a tool and taking measurements to put my trim studs back on. I like the look. Here's what it looked like from the factory, but I'm going day 2:

[​IMG]

4. HawkX66

HawkX66 Member

Sep 20, 2017
    MI/MA
    Yesterday was brakes day. I installed a new master cylinder and cleaned up the booster a little. I should have taken it off to do it right, but that'll be another day. For now, this will work. I started off trying to bleed the brakes with my new pneumatic bleeder and no fluid was flowing. I thought, wtf, new tool doesn't work. After trying my vacuum pump and then the pump the brakes method, I figured out it was the flex lines. All three were bad. Once I swapped those out it bled easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A buddy of mine had a set of street slicks so I threw them on to see the fit. Once I put some air in the shocks they slid under. I think with some different off set wheels they'd sit under the 1/4 a little better. For those that notice.... Yes, they're on the wrong sides. I was just testing the fit... These are 275/60R15 M/T ETs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]