'79 Berlinetta - An Italian resto..

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Jas0n, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    You're welcome! I'm really glad to help

2. Waiting for my suspensions parts to come back from the sandblaster and powder coating.

Fingers crossed that all will install well :)

3. PFZ28

PFZ28 Veteran Member

Dec 6, 2009
    ThornTown, Colorado
    Great Work!

Hi Jas0n! I just finished reading your thread, great work! I can't believe I hadn't seen it yet. I'll subscribe so I won't miss any posts.

Thanks for all of the inspiration you give me! :bowtie:

Say, I noticed you said you have no sway bars. I still have all of the old F41 suspension parts I took off my Z28, including the sway bars. If you want them, I'll give them to you. It might be expensive for you to ship that solid metal from Colorado, but you can't beat the price on the parts!

[​IMG]IMG_1883 by pfz28, on Flickr

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  4. Jas0n

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    Hi PFZ28! Glad to see you here! thanks for the kind words, and thank you to offer your sway bars to me!!! I will carry out an order for parts next month, and I'll ship all the goodies in a warehouse in Oregon, in order to group all to make only one international shipping, so I will contact you to buy them and ship also the sways there.. Can you keep them for me please?

5. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

Jason you need to get PFZ28 to tell you the size of the bars so that you can order new bushings for them.

6. indeed, don't forget to get new hardware and new bushings. No need to cheap out on these things if u order a big bunch anyway.

7. PFZ28

PFZ28 Veteran Member

Dec 6, 2009
    ThornTown, Colorado
    No problem Jas0n, they're yours no charge if you pick up the shipping to Oregon. I'll measure whatever is needed so you get the right bushings. Also let me know from that picture what you want and don't want. Obviously you have new leaf springs so I won't send those.

8. Jas0n

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    Thanks to all for point out the bushings fact, that I completely forgot about!

PFZ28 I need the parts that you see marked with an arrow

[​IMG]

I'm in debt with you PFZ28!

9. Jas0n

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    Ok guys! After a while I have decided to start a total restoration to my Camaro. The process had started at May 9, 2016 but after a couple weeks of disassembling I had discovered that my wife was pregnant! so I stopped working on that and started working on the baby room! At December 25th my first son has born, his name is Jason and is the Love of dad&mom!

Back in the garage not so long time ago, I just completed the disassembling and, for your pleasure, this is the video of the final step of it. Enjoy!

Things will be slowly: the new family caught me "financially unprepared" to handle the car too, so not before next month (hopefully) I'll start to remove paint to the body. Stay tuned and thanks for checkin' out my thread!