Been a while, hope y'all are having a good holiday season. It finally got cold here, so that put the kibosh on working outside. Just before the cold, I got a fair amount of things fixed up. One, I replaced the leaking power steering pump. The original one must have gotten smacked when this engine was in it's original car, and it leaked like crazy. At the same time, the alternator stopped alternating. I figured the constant oil bath killed it somehow. Instead of buying a new alternator, I had the old one rebuilt for 67 bucks, not too bad. And the rebuilder said that the oil probably had no effect, the alt just needed rebuilt. Sooooo, the new power steering pump must have been remanufactured on a Friday at 4:45 pm, and was growly from the first moment. After driving around hoping it would settle down, I finally just ordered another one on warranty and did the whole job again. That bizness is finally settled. Also figured out the leak from the passenger side of the radiator turned out to be a loose clamp! Yay, that was easy, but Boo, who forgot to tighten the clamp??? Next, I got a new toy: Ultragauge Blue. This is a slick little device that plugs into the OBDII connector, and gives you any gauge you want on your smartphone! Check it out, they're only 79 bucks! http://ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge-blue.htm Since the gauge setup I really want costs $800, I thought this would do nicely to give me the data I need to make sure the motor doesn't hurt itself. First thing I realized is that I needed to move the intake further out of range of the radiator. My intake air temps were routinely over 100*. I got some more 3" tubing and another elbow, and moved the intake all the way behind the headlight. Now the intake temps stay cooler! In desiring to calibrate the fuel usage on the ultragauge, I went to the gas station and filled the tank all the way up. This led me to discover why I've occasionally been smelling gas fumes. Apparently there is a very large leak on the top of the new tank. I am hoping this is because I un-corked the fuel pump when I first got the tank (to make sure the pump was there - it was, after all, a returned unit I got at a significant discount) and didn't put things back together correctly. Now I had the un-enviable position of needing to drop a completely full tank . After quite a bit of internet trolling, I figured out that I could redirect the return line from the fuel regulator to my Audi, and then just idle the Z until enough fuel got "returned" to the Audi's tank. I'm happy to report that I spilled only 5 or 6 drops of fuel in this process, and the fire extinguisher remained unused. Untitled by pfz28, on Flickr So, the tank got emptied and then the weather got cold. We often get a little bit of warm weather at the end of January. Fingers crossed, we'll see if I get a chance to drop the tank then.