78-81 owners

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by andrew1977, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1979 z/28

1979 z/28 New Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Bloomington IL
    here is a phew picks of my z and one of mt t/a

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. flak monkey

flak monkey Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Norfolk, UK
    Being a Brit, I guess old US cars mean something else to us.

Back when I was a teenager, maybe 12 years ago or so, one of my friends relatives had a '79 Camaro with a 305. I think it was a Z28. Well sorted, we have some videos of it somewhere. It got quite rusty and dies a sad death on the side of the road. But it was that car that started my passion for American V8's.

It took me this long to actually be in a position to buy one, probably not the most sensible decision, but it had to be done sooner or later.

In the mean time, I built a kit car, which was great fun. Supercharged 300bhp, 2.8secs to 60 and a real hoot on the road, but just too quick to be manageable long term. Sold that after 3 years of continuously modding it so I could build a custom Harley. Still haven't finished that off yet, hopefully it will be done by next spring, ready for thenice summer weather (yeah right...)

Late 2nd gens fetch around £3.5k ($5.4k) here for a fairly average one. Average here is basically a rust bucket. I picked mine up for £2k ($3.1) and it appeared in reasonable condition at the time. Obviously I was less than impressed on starting some fairly minor jobs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its now almost completely stripped to have all the rust fixed, and there's quite a lot to do. Planning on sorting the suspension and handling out as best I can on a budget and fitting a fairly warm 350.

No idea what colour I am going to paint it yet... :screwup:

Scootin Z and jawknee21 like this.
  3. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Georgia
    I took this picture with my new iphone 4S. It has a camera app on it and I was messing around with it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kind of gives the photo a dated look. The only things that throw off the picture are the BFG's and the lack of proper tail pipes. Other than that it could pass off as a original picture of the car new.

4. AKohler883

AKohler883 Veteran Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Reading, PA
    Love it ! Can't wait to play with my new IPhone 4s when I get it next week.

5. usmlsmk

usmlsmk Member

Feb 24, 2010
    roscoe il
    I once had a 1980 Z28 charcoal gray w/white int stick car. Anyone have a pic of that combo or close to it.

6. usmlsmk

usmlsmk Member

Feb 24, 2010
    roscoe il
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  7. usmlsmk

usmlsmk Member

Feb 24, 2010
    roscoe il
    Sorry car is 4sale at carsonline but cant get link to work. Little help:( :(

8. RICARDO1969

RICARDO1969 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Waukesha WI
    Yes it could pass as original pics and im sure many have scammed "ohh car come's complete with documentation and pics " lol

9. You mean this car
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

uhhh he even has a video [youtube]AE6JNH1vfA8[/youtube]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.