77' Z28 Resto

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by HBomb, Oct 29, 2017.

1. HBomb

HBomb New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    Thanks guys, the car has come a very long way and the forum has been a huge help. I'll take a break from posts for a bit but I have loads more progress still

2. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Aug 22, 2015
    st.george utah
    Lots of work,good job! Look forward to more pictures.

3. HBomb

HBomb New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    Took the car home to finish it since the new management at my shop wanted it gone.
    And sadly the car got snowed on right away :(
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'd like to say the t-top conversion is perfect and she doesn't leak but that isn't the case sadly. I mean most of them leaked to begin with but even though I'd done the door seals and body seals, I have yet to change the seals on the glass and that's where she leaks the most. I'll get to changing those eventually, it's a fair weather car anyways.

Put the rear together and put a new fuel tank in. What a pain to do that by myself when the straps didn't fit worth a damn.

[​IMG]

Nice part about finishing at home is getting to have my car dog for company, but she wasn't very good at helping me get the bumper bar on. But I also have now realized the front bar or possibly leafs are bent and the bumper refuses to sit evenly. Keeping my eye out now for a used one in decent shape and on the fence about possibly shaving the rubber strip and maybe shortening up the bumpers a touch to tuck a bit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I decided to go for electric fans, I built some mounts from the LS car fan swap DIY and wired them in on both a t-stat controller and a manual over ride switch so I can also run them with the car off if need be.
    [​IMG]

One final timing adjustment (I always appreciate people's help but my boss had the timing out to lunch and it wasn't running too nicely) and then the car made it's first cruise out that night!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]