76 lower grill steel trim??

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by camaro lover, Dec 2, 2016.

1. camaro lover

camaro lover Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2002
    Owen Sound, Ont, Canada
    no section for 76 cars so i hope it is good here. just wondering if the lower grill steel trim was only used on certain models cause i have rarely seen this on any 74 thru 77 cars and seems to be a hard to find part. my sport coupe is missing it. but then it was also missing the plastic trim pieces around the parking lamps until i found a set. it looks odd that the top grill all came with the steel trim but not the lower grill. thought maybe someone here could shed some light on this topic for me. it has been the only part i have never found after years of part searching.

2. NoneToPass

NoneToPass Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    My guess is you have a pair of miss-matched grills; one plain and one from a Type LT that does have SS trim around it. Look closely, they may have been painted as well. LTs have silver grills (74-7). $0.02

3. camaro lover

camaro lover Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2002
    Owen Sound, Ont, Canada
    mine have both been painted black. so the trim only came on the LT. that makes sense. I will keep searching. I think the lower grill stands out a bit more with the trim and would also match the top more. thanks.