76 Big bumper well underway

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by rydeer, Mar 6, 2012.

1. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    Thank You All!!! I love driving it. It is just jump in and go like an A$$ hole!! Reliable as all hell!

2. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
  3. thedoctorisin

thedoctorisin Member

Apr 14, 2013
    S.F. bay area, CA
    still looking good man, im just getting to the point where my paint is going on and i can put it all back together. im going to pull apart the bumpers and try to shed some weight as you did.

it took a while for me to notice but you also have a 78-80 cutlass! i dont see too many of those around. Ive got a 79, it was my first car.

4. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
  5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

6. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    No New updates. Just love driving the he** out of her. She is still running and looking great. I bumped because I don't know how to put the link into a reply in a different thread! Oops sorry

7. tagius

tagius New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    OKC, Oklahoma
    I saw what you did to your bumpers, definitely looks good. I was thinking about welding thin piece sheet metal then grinding it smooth and painting it after that. Has anyone tried this? How did it come out? I'm about two years from doing my '75, but I'm always looking for ideas.

8. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    Those bumpers are very thick alum. You will need one hell of a welder! Your not using a home depot 110 V with a spool gun. The rubber trim was $30.00 at pep boys.

9. V8TEC

V8TEC Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Great thread with awesome detail! Love the bumper strip and the front spoiler. I did something similar with my front spoiler but kept the original side pieces and copied the original contour with an aluminum sheet, only because the original fiberglass part was cracked. Looking at yours makes me want to redo mine and make it drop down lower.

10. Krator

Krator Veteran Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    I love the paint on the bumpers but the front one looks like its shoved in too far. I like the idea of tucking them in but think they should match what sticks out on the sides of them. Car is awesome tho love the colour.