76 Big bumper well underway

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by rydeer, Mar 6, 2012.

1. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    Like the title says I have a 76 big bumper restomod well underway. I got this car 2 years ago(traded for a harley) Has all new quarters,floors,trunk rockers etc. Shes a 350/350 LT. Has a late Zhood with the elec flap.
    I did a lot of work and painted it black in the back yard. After lots of sanding and buffing it looked good! New seats, carpet,rubber seals etc. New tires and a fortune in misc stuff. Well late this past summer the paint started to fail from underneath. She started to get what looked like "solvent pops". So in my infinate wisdom I decided I should completely remove the cheap Eastwood paint I used($100.00 a gal) and start over. AS you can imagine this has led to more and more involvement and upgrades... read MONEY!! Lots of pics though!
    [​IMG]
    Front end powdercoated,poly bushings,custom made firewall plate. Was an AC car hand made heaterbox and relay panel. Relays for elec fan and shaved door poppers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    The weather should be real nice here the next couple of days to prime
    red neck spray booth and Me the redneck!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    I mentioned the front end I also replaced the rear spring bushings,heater core,dash pad cover,poly body mounts. I've powdercoated anything I can including all body bolts,Powersteering pump housing,alt, any brkts I've had, valve covers,intake pulleys....the list goes on you get the picture..speaking of pics
    [​IMG]
    hinge powdered chrome with black springs
    [​IMG]
    pic when I first got the car
    [​IMG]
    interior[​IMG]

first painted

4. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    I get them a little out of order...theres more as I've been at this since sept!
    [​IMG]
    orig motor
    [​IMG]
    al blacked out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    the motor now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The motor is 60 over 4 bolt 350, I've just overhauled it with bearings,rings and oil pump.64cc alum heads,airgap,holley vac750 cam(I forget the specs I'll have to look),1.6 roller rockers, Billet accell hei dist. I estimate about 400 HP
    You can see the aircleaner will have hose to the last pic, this mounts through the rad support and I have moved the blinkers with new bracket to behind the grill.the mesh parts mount to where the blinker light were. Kinda cold air induction. The air cleaner also seals to the hood and when I floor it the rear cowl opens

6. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    I didn't mention she ran a best of 12.4 with slicks. I'm getting rid of the 3200 stall converter. This was awfull on the street. I'll be running a 2200 now. You can see new headers and I want it to be a little more comfortable so I fixed the defrost/heater fan etc. I might even put in a half decent radio.....maybe not I do like the sound of an engine

7. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    this is the rad support. iT's modified for the new 3 core laqrger alum rad( you can see the bottom dropped)and the holes where the cold air comes through the support.
    [​IMG]
    a qwuick shot of the inner door panels I've been runn ing. I have no inside door handles,just buttons. I may cover these as there hard to keep clean,Polished alum!
    mock up of the rad support
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I smoothed out the cowl top
    [​IMG]
    Misc parts blasted and painted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. kawboy

kawboy Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Indiana
    Coming along quite nicely. Keep the pictures coming.

9. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    Thanks Kawboy,
    [​IMG]
    I smoothed the inner wheelwells, These will be body color.
    [​IMG]
    block sanding is fun!
    [​IMG]
    Tranny all serviced ready to go.
    [​IMG]
    powdered the headlite bezels.

10. 2nd gen man

2nd gen man Veteran Member

Nov 28, 2010
    michigan
    awesome project.....