75' Camaro Front End swap to 71' opinions

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by 75fbody, May 12, 2008.

1. 75fbody

75fbody Veteran Member

Sep 8, 2006
    San Simeon CA
    Hey all, I'm thinking about swapping my 75' front end and bumper for a 71' full bumper front which is my favorite. I'm wondering if its gonna be cool to do this to a big bumpers car or am I going to get really negative reactions? I know some do the split bumper RS front swap on their 70-73's and I always think its cool though some have feel otherwise.
    Basically I want to go from,
    [​IMG]
    To this, with or without the bumperettes
    [​IMG]

2. middleagecrisis

middleagecrisis Veteran Member

Oct 22, 2007
    SA, TX

A guy up the street from me did what your thinking about doing. If your lower valance panel is in decent shape you can just about get all the parts you need for what that valance panel will fetch. I pulled in my front bumper in about 1 1/2" and my rear bumper over 2" and really like the way my '76 looks, plus I probably removed 30-40 pounds off the car. Do what you want to do to your car, that's all that really matters.

3. archemedes

archemedes Veteran Member

Jul 17, 2002
    Saraland AL,USA
    wasn't there one on ebay like that a few times?

4. pmkperformance

pmkperformance Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Beloit, WI
    front end swap

GO FOR IT! We are in that same process, changing my 74 to a full bumper 73. Pictures will be posted when we are done.

5. 75fbody

75fbody Veteran Member

Sep 8, 2006
    San Simeon CA
    Stoked, how much is it costing you to make it happen? I made a list from classic industries and its well over 500 bucks. You are lucky with the 74 cause you have the 70-73 back window.

6. 77RS

77RS Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheboro, NC
    This topic comes up about once a month. I always say it's your car do what you want. Just make it fun and enjoyable.

You may want to double check the parts list. Header panel, lower valance, grill (with goodies), hood latch assembly, bumper (and supports), parking lights, headlight bezels, core support.... what am I missing? I think that will be a far cry from $500. Sounds pretty close to freight charges though ;)

Good luck!

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  7. RacingRob

RacingRob Veteran Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Yorktown Heights, NY
    You did as for opinions, right? ;)
    I personally do like the swap from big to small bumpers.
    But in my opinion, if your car is as nice as it looks in that pic, I wouldn't change it.
    There's just so few really nice big bumper cars out there.
    Anyway, like it says above, it's your car, enjoy!

RR

8. 75fbody

75fbody Veteran Member

Sep 8, 2006
    San Simeon CA
    Yeah I gave up looking when the bill started going past $500 bucks I never thought it would be that much. Like $1500-2000+ I would rather soak that money into the engine or an ok paint job:)

9. 68400BIRD

68400BIRD Veteran Member

Feb 7, 2006
    GO PACK GO
    I like the look of the big bumper cars. But they even look better if you do the mods to the bumpers and paint them body color.

10. my24ktrat

my24ktrat Veteran Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Roch., NY
    ...I second keeping your car as is , that looks like a very nice car , not many around like that , BUT, it is your car , DC