74 Z28 Type LT original owner

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by oldchev, Dec 20, 2016.

1. oldchev

oldchev New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Spokane, Wa
    I am the original owner of a 74 Type LT Z28. 1S87T4N ... It is Midnight Blue with black interior. It has the TH400 and currently 4.56 posi. I have the 3.42 gearset. The L82 is NOM and was built as an L82 due to original engine having a problem. So a brand new never fired L82 that unfortunately has been sitting idle for 15+ years. It needs a few things but mostly cosmetic however new tires will be a must. These Goodyears have maybe 5K miles on them but they are cracking and weathering severely. I see minor surface rust in engine compartment on some brackets, etc. and the wheels has some minor rust. I have all original parts including carb and distributor, exhaust manifolds and so on, plus new weather strip and things never installed. Its an A/C car, never wrecked, never repainted. It's from California, like me.

I am just thinking I may never get around to making this "new" again but its all there. Oh yes...about 49K miles showing on the clock.

The 74 was a transitional year. It was the Last Z28 of that era. I have not considered a price yet but as I said it's all there or I have all the parts. Curious if there are any interested parties out there.

70ZED likes this.
  2. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Post a price as the forum rules require and find out...... welcome to nasty.

3. Old_bashturd

Old_bashturd New Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I had a 74 Z28 Type LT in the same color combo, but a 4 speed. Wished I never sold it, but looking for another. Too bad you're on the other side of the country.

4. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

May 19, 2014
    Rochester, MN
  5. 74Z28GC3

74Z28GC3 Veteran Member

Sep 1, 2000
    North Pole, Alaska
    Can you post some pictures of it too?

6. oldchev

oldchev New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Spokane, Wa
    I was thinking about $13,900. I'll get some pictures soon. I may be willing to negotiate the price somewhat due to the effort to finish getting it running. As I stated I have everything but moving around side tracked my ability to finish it. I'll probably have to get tires on this as those new old Goodyears are rotting out. That said I will more than likely restore the wheels and add BF Goodrich TA's for the price stated.
    After some looking it seems running, original (is there any original?), are $17,000 and up.

7. oldchev

oldchev New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Spokane, Wa
    Shipping? How far away are you? Most open carriers are reasonable.

8. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

May 19, 2014
    Rochester, MN
    There are very few that are untouched with original equipment, I've seen a few in various conditions. If it had a very good body as you stated, very nice interior with a CE replacement block, and all the little things that are missing from most (rear accent trim, clips and spark plug wire retainers if its HEI car etc.) you would be in the ball park if you could get it to start. Its worth what someone decides to pay. Post some pix when you can.

9. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    So just for clarification what you're selling is a one owner non running unassembled car that needs restoration with NOM for $13,900.00.

zfool likes this.
  10. oldchev

oldchev New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Spokane, Wa
    Not exactly. Its not running because it needs the intake, carb and distributor installed, belts and hoses on. shroud and fan installed. Stuff like that. It did have a new dash installed as well as the headliner which seem to be problem age related items. Sure there are a few more cosmetic items I would clean up if I kept it. I have some of the replacement stickers and plates for the a/c and timing etc. New window felts and door rubber (in a box) I still have the AIR pump although it was removed 4 decades ago. Pretty much all the original stuff.