74 Type Lt Z28 Was it worth it...

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by Me_n_my_z, Dec 19, 2011.

1. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    yep ;)

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Feak'in right it was, congrads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice color too.

3. Me_n_my_z

Me_n_my_z Veteran Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Im having the drivers side lower quarter panel replaced right now. I should have it back on monday. Ill post more pics and some questions for all the 74 owners. No sure if I want to retore to original or restomod it. I have to go over engine and trans numbers first to see if they are in fact original. Ill post the question and pics on Monday ( if I have it back ). It is a cool car for sure. I love the second gens. Big Bumpers especially...

4. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    IMO, I wouldn't mod it. There's not that may 74's that I see on the street these days.

5. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2009
    pottsville,pa.
    Sure looks cold in cleveland w/o lebron , HAHAHA sorry , nice find and not at bad $

6. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    thats a great deal and money well spent!

7. Me_n_my_z

Me_n_my_z Veteran Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Weathers always cold in Cleveland. Whos Lebron. Oh the guy that works up at the car wash. He's still there...;)

8. rockheadrocks

rockheadrocks Veteran Member

If the car is indeed low miles and numbers matching, I would definitely restore to factory original. Not many of these around anymore because everyone modded the heck out of them back in the day.

9. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    I agree with COPO, I wouldn't mod it too much. Perhaps paint and correct stripes which is my favorite stripe scheme!!! Start a build thread. Would love to follow it.

10. csett

csett New Member

Dec 4, 2012
    ohio
    UPDATE
    i recently purchased this car from the original poster in Cleveland. He started some body work as stated but I completely striped the car to do a frame off rebuild and removed any prior body work and replaced with sheet metal. Iv'e only had the car since April but hope to be completed by June. It is a numbers matching Z28 car, engine, trans, have matching vin numbers. Plan to build a resto mod. Car is going to be built as a period correct hotrod for 1980 want it to look like the type of muscle car I owned shortly after high school. Planning to run cragar 5 spoke wheels. Motor has already been rebuilt dyno tested at 375 hp. Will post some pics shortly.