73, Z28, RS, LT, Tow package,

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Impact-mk, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Impact-mk

Impact-mk Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Sherwood park, Ab
    hey guys, a few months ago i went to buy a shitty old 73 Camaro out of some gentleman's field. it is in rough shape and honestly i originally only bought it because buying this car and taking its windshield, was cheaper then buying a windshield, so i get this rust hog back to my pals shop, ad i check the info and its a Z28 RS Lt, and not only that but, it came from factory with the tow package, now i am obviously fixing it, but the tow package is mangled quite badly, there is some of it there but a big chunk is missing i was wondering if any one had pictures of there 70-73 with a factory tow pack so i can base what i need to fabricate back into existence on it as i have been successful locating one on google,

thanks,

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    I've never seen a factory tow package listed for the Camaro. I believe they were installed by dealers or owners later.

3. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Aug 22, 2015
    st.george utah
    Any pictures of the old shitty Camaro?

4. Impact-mk

Impact-mk Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Sherwood park, Ab
    My phone was corrupted and i no longer have any photos of it before i stripped it for repairs, But i will paint you a picture, the guy before me took the rear window, drivers door, diff, and front valence, for his wife's car, so the interior and floor are rusted quite badly, the dash, center console, and steering column are good and the seats possibly salvageable, the M21 transmission in the trunk with some remnants of what seems like was an engine that had a broken connecting rod, the 3 piece spoiler in good shape, all chrome trim for the vinyl roof and all decals are there. Quarters are rotten behind the wheel, Drivers frame rail is rusted through, fenders are pretty good with only some surface rust on the one and a small patch needed for the other, car is a metallic light blue and white with black vinyl roof, the paint is incredibly checkered, the rear panel ad bumper are slightly pushed in from the tractor used to move it around, as i said its very rough and i had no idea what it was and no intentions of fixing it originally, and only bought it for the windshield that miraculously untouched, ad as i was unloading it the Z28 stamp on the engine bay vin plate caught my eye and prompted further research,

5. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Aug 22, 2015
    st.george utah
    So, did that car come with the correct support bars to verify a RS front end? Is is a AC car? What is the build date? Sounds like a good find.

6. Impact-mk

Impact-mk Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Sherwood park, Ab
    the entire valence was removed with the rs tail lights, he did show me the car and the parts he took and they were RS, but he did take the supports as well, i am not sure if it is an ac car, due to lack of block and most engine bay components, I am not sure of the build date, but will see about finding it after work, or tomorrow morning, and i can see about taking some pictures of the pieces i have at home, if you would like, but the main shell is at a friends,

7. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Aug 22, 2015
    st.george utah
    The firewall will be different between the a A/C car and a non A/C car. Pictures are always cool, post them up.

8. Impact-mk

Impact-mk Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Sherwood park, Ab
    Rpo, ZJ4, only 28 cars were ordered with it in 73,

9. Impact-mk

Impact-mk Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Sherwood park, Ab
    i was wrong i do have the supports to the fenders from the core support,other ways i can show it is RS are that i also have the chrome hideaway wipers, and body sills, as well as a pretty messed up bumperette in the trunk with the transmission and crank and pistons etc,

10. Impact-mk

Impact-mk Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Sherwood park, Ab
    i compared my firewall to pictures of ac firewalls and they are the same, or apear to be at least,

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016