73 Seat Belts

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by jteenstra, Jul 12, 2016.

1. jteenstra

jteenstra Moderator Staff Member

May 21, 2001
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    It's been so long since I had the seat belts out of the Camaro, I'm not sure which are the front and which are the back.
    The two without the boots/sleeves are what I was using for the front. I had the buckles replaced many years ago by SsnakeOyl Products.
    I can't recall if I pulled the back seat belts, had the buckles replaced, and used them on the front - or what.
    From all the photos I've searched (twozs had some good shots), the front had the boots, the rear did not.
    Does anyone have original 73 belts and photos? Did the rear belts have boots over them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sent all the belts to Sharons's Web for new webbing. I'll need to rebuild the buckles with the correct buttons (BowHunter!).

2. BigBlock73

BigBlock73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Accord,New York
    Boots are for the front

3. greeny

greeny Veteran Member

Feb 21, 2005
    arizona
    John, I currently have two low mile original 73 Z28's here in Gilbert. Send me a message if you want to come over and look at the belts, you've been here before.
    Mike

4. jteenstra

jteenstra Moderator Staff Member

May 21, 2001
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Mike,

I'll take you up on the offer. I have the buckle kits, just need the belts back from Sharon. Not sure what number I am in line but it will be awhile. Plenty to do in the mean time.

John T