73 Rear Seat leather hump cover

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by dc8v8er, Jun 20, 2005.

1. dc8v8er

dc8v8er New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    NC USA
    anyone know where u can get a new one?

2. Psychohamster

Psychohamster Veteran Member

Oct 22, 2001
    Redwood City, CA. USA
    They are usually just a matching piece of vinyl. I don't know if I've ever seen them in leather.

3. Matt T

Matt T Veteran Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Pawtucket, RI, USA
    Nope, not leather. Any interior place should be able to make one.

I still don't know why it doesn't come with the interior kits--if you're buying back seat covers, why can't they throw it in? I suppose the carpet makers don't want to deal with it cause they don't use vinyl for anything...

4. camaro73lt

camaro73lt Veteran Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Germantown, Maryland
    I have spare for sale (cheap) or will be glad to make you a template on paper. My original is in so-so condition. I bought this one hoping it was better and it's not. I also found the vinyl to make my own but the piece is sewn around the edges and I never got around to it. It also has a card board backing for strength but not too much strenght so you can't bend it over the hump. Anyway, if I can help you out let me know. It should be easy to find someone to sew the edges correctly. I found the vinyl at a fabric store and it matches very well.

5. Major Dad

Major Dad Guest

That piece comes with the rear seat covers when buy a new set. FYI.

6. smustovich

smustovich Veteran Member

Aug 22, 2000
    Beavercreek, OH
    Moementum Camaro had them if he is still around, I got mine from him.

7. RS_SS350

RS_SS350 Veteran Member

i got mine with my seat cover set as well... but i'm going to make my own, one with more padding in it, so at least someone can sit on it if need be without breaking their tail bone..

8. dc8v8er

dc8v8er New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    NC USA
    thanx guys this def gives me a place to start

9. daves 76 rs

daves 76 rs Veteran Member

i ordered a complete interior kit from national parts depot and i didn't get one but i noticed there carpet was longer to where you could leave carpet between the seats. i used my old one anyways.