73 LT/RS/Z28

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by MikeLee, Dec 9, 2016.

1. MikeLee

MikeLee New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    No I live in New Zealand

2. MikeLee

MikeLee New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    I would image the smog stuff would have been removed as soon as I got to NZ as we don't have smog rules. Everyone just throws it all away as it makes it slower I believe

3. MikeLee

MikeLee New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    image.jpeg
    Here is the vin tag

4. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    yea but its the stuff that makes a car " original " and most of the stuff is hard to find and expensive to replace . the smog stuff was only mandatory from the dealer . even here in the states it was removed . you asked about a value of an original 73 Type lt with the Z28 option and the RS option . you can see on the trim tag thee is no stripe code . the stripe code for sport coupe with the Z28 option would have been a ZR8 ( white ) , YF8 ( black ) after the Z28 on the trim tag . BTW your car was built the same week as mine .

5. MikeLee

MikeLee New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Thanks guys for the help. I am very happy with the car, the way it drives the tidiness of the interior and the low miles. Generally everything come to think of it.

twozs likes this.
  6. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    Great car for sure .

7. speed_m5

speed_m5 Veteran Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Baytown Texas
    I have a full set of the crash bars if you need a set

8. MikeLee

MikeLee New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Do I need them to make the car better or to make it more genuine?
    Are they genuine ones or after market?
    We have established that it can't be factory unless so some has removed them in the pass.
    I never thought to ask the old owner if it was a genuine RS I just assumed it was.
    Not really worried as I love the car and you don't see them for sale over here and it has done such low miles and now I'm not so scared to fix up any chips or blemishes in the paint.
    Cheers Mike

9. 1BAD67RS

1BAD67RS New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Tucson, Az
    Should be stripe delete with the LT package. I had one in black. Paint code on the trim tag had "- -" for a paint code.

10. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    Stripes were an option on the z28 in 73 so it wasn't really a delete. They weren't offered at all on the Type LT model with the Z28 option .