73 LT/RS/Z28

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by MikeLee, Dec 9, 2016.

1. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    Very nice clean looking car. Welcome to the forum.

2. MikeLee

MikeLee New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Colour silver metallic 6464 on the tag. Unfortunately it has had a flick over with the paint at some stage and they haven't done any of the and you can just tell if you look hard enough. Do you think this would hurt much in the originality worth of the car. I know I have only just purchased the car and am not thinking off selling but what are your thoughts on value of it in America please?

3. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    Are you in Canada Mike?

4. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    The repaint and the added RS doesn't really help the original claim. Really nice interior helps it . All type lts were a solid color with no stripes . There was also 3 thin trim pieces of trim per side on the upper rocker to separate the upper color from the lower black paint that the type LT had . The motor looks pretty good but it's missing the smog stuff . Can't really see if it's got some of the smaller original motor stuff . All in all a nice car . US value would be all over the place . There is a guy on here that has been trying to sell a real nice type LT z28 for a while and the bin price was 35,000 us . Good luck with the car and welcome to the site .

5. bigdav160

bigdav160 Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Klein Texas
    785 Interior? It's hard to find a good picture of that interior.

Yes, the exterior has been redone into the Z/28 look but I don't think it hurts the value.
    Most people prefer it to the understated LT exterior. Too bad they didn't keep the rocker molding though.

6. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    I never seen a hood insulator pad with those groves in it like that , is that an original one. What was left of mine for my 73 didn't look anything like that?

7. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    no

8. MikeLee

MikeLee New Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Thanks. How can I tell if it is factory or aftermarket RS . It was two years in America/Canada before being shipped here by the owner.

9. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    in 1973 only gm added 11 extra support bars to make the us government happy . there was a law in 72 that tried to keep the cost of a 5 mph impact down to 500 dollars or less . the government gave the manufactures until 74 to comply ( hence the big bumpers in 74 ) . these bars and supports are rare as it was only on the RS and only in 73 . they are not present on your car and at 43,000 miles they really should be ..see how the hood latch is different and there are more tubular bars and the fender to radiator supports are longer . motor-1_zpsee8229a9 (2).jpg

10. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny